Aussie Diving Dec 2010 Jan 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowlofpetunias

Oh no, not again!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Time for a new Aussie diving thread. Should be some interesting dives to share over the Holiday season.
I will start with a couple pics from our last dive
Smile for the Camera
506-201CSmall.jpg

Rose petal Bubbleshell
506-450CSmall.jpg

This tiny Nudi was a bit unusual for the site
506-179Small.jpg

506-177CSmall.jpg

Here are a few of mine from the montebello islands about a month ago. Still working on my technique but really enjoying the UW photography.

dive2y.jpg

dive3.jpg

dive6.jpg

dive4.jpg

All shot with a Canon G11 and Inon S2000.

Cheers Joel

lovely shots. Picking up my camera added a whole new dimention to my diving. I love having pics to remember and share dives! Thanks for sharing your dive with us. That nudi shot is a stunning shot!

I finally got the shot I have been trying for for ages. Sgt Baker posing with the teeth in focus. They always pose on the rocks up on their pectoral fins but dart away as soon as I get close enough for a shot!
508a-776CcSmall.jpg

Lots of Wobbies
508b-466eSmall.jpg

508b-497Small.jpg

Juvenile Flutemouth. There were about 6 of them in a little school. Look at the size of the grit on the bottom for size reference. They were to flighty to get anything into the frame for size reference!
508a-759CSmall.jpg

Got to go visit Sas and Burna and finally got the Seahorse shot I have been trying to get for years!
516s-505-CMedium.jpg

Found an anglerfish At Bare Island yesterday
518c-147CSmall.jpg

518c-139CCSmall.jpg

Thanks that means a lot coming from you:happywave:

good idea for a thread relating to this hemisphere :)

There used to be a bunch of us did this regularly but everyone seems to have drifted off so I thought I would try to resurrect it again! So where did you dive last? any plans for the weekend?

Here is a link about that anglerfish I found

http://australianmuseum.net.au/image...at-Bare-Island

BareIslandAnglerfish.jpg

I think this is the other type they are talking about.. took this a year or so ago at Bare Island
DSC04863Large.jpg

This one we named "Blue Boy" we visited him regularly for a couple years then he just disappeared! That would have been 2004/05. I hope he isn't one they "Collected"!

201-725Large.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom