Aussie Diving June 1 - 15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a juvenile roughy:
TrachichthysAustralis5999.jpg

It's hard to tell from your pictures how similar it is, so was wondering if you thought it was the same? The markings look very similar but your fish is blacker.

Petunia, yea I have lost attachments that way, that's why I usually link to my flickr account :)

Glad you got some diving in! I was out Thurs night but viz <1m and my camera repairs are still setting so no pics. Saw lots of baby calamari about that was about it. The water was 10C, 5C colder than the same time last year... I wonder how cold it is gonna get :shocked2: Might need to invest in proper thermals earlier than expected :\

These guys are probably smaller ones smaller ones maybe 10 mils the largest max 30 mils nose to tail.. so they are very small that is why we wonder if they may be a very juvenile phase and that might explain the colour

I don't know how to link pics to my flickr account in here

Yea probably juveniles... the markings are in the same places!

With flickr linking, what you need to do is find a picture on there, then open just the image in its own page, without all the extra stuff. If you tell me what browser you use I can tell you how to do that.

Then you press the picture icon when you make a post (looks like mountains with a moon over it) and put the link from the image in there. OR you can put these tags around the link (img)PICTURE(/img) but use [] brackets.

I.e.
Normal flickr link: Verco's nudibranch on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Image only flickr link: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/3221713733_7d26cbaf11.jpg?v=1241268436
As it appears in Scubaboard with IMG tags around it:
3221713733_7d26cbaf11.jpg

Sas - some great photos!!! I'm jealous of all the diving you do :)

I finally got out yesterday for the first time in two months. That's just crazy in its badness. We've been having an incredible diving and whale shark season here in Exmouth and it's killing me not to have been able to get out to enjoy the exceptionally blue water, the huge number of whale sharks every day and all of the cool stuff that our divers are getting to see!

Put some more photos up here...and here's one more of my favourite convict surgeon school...
IMG_1572.jpg

Thanks alcina :) Yea the last few months I have gotten tonnes in which is great. Struggling a bit with the cold now though :\

Your pictures are great! I didn't read the captions at first and was wondering what where the turtle's flipper was! I love the photo with the gorgonians (I think that is what they are called? - the last picture)

BoP:
smart lady! Warm bed wins over cold Ocean more often in the winter for me too... and this stupid bug has me in it's grip... I guess as long as I don't start oinking... it will be ok ...

Hope you feel better soon petunia. So many people are sick at the moment! It is hard to escape it.

5.30am start tomorrow for me for diving as I am out on a boat this weekend. :cold: :shocked2: I guess I made up for the early start by getting up at 1pm today :rofl3:

Hope you feel better soon petunia. So many people are sick at the moment! It is hard to escape it.

5.30am start tomorrow for me for diving as I am out on a boat this weekend. :cold: :shocked2: I guess I made up for the early start by getting up at 1pm today :rofl3:

Yeah I am being really cautious... don't want to get pneumonia again.... haven't felt this sick in a very long time!

:rofl3::rofl3:yep that makes up for it... gotta get rest while you can Sas!

Alcina I loved your shots.... as usual ... it must be hard to be near such great diving.. hearing people talking about how great the dive was and not be actually diving :consolation:

I already posted this where it was supposed to go (Aussie Diving May 16 to 31 when the dives were actually done) but have been requested to post it here as well in case anyone misses them in the old thread.

Our planned trip to dive at various locations on the north and south coast of New South Wales while visiting my father on the east coast of Australia didn't pan out very well. Heavy rain and huge seas for most of our time over east stopped any diving in the open ocean and severe flooding on the north coast prevented us from getting to our two main destinations and turned the water there a very nasty shade of brown. As a result our planned overnight stay in Nelson Bay ended up being five nights and we managed to get three dives in Nelson Bay during the last week of May. The water was very dirty due to the heavy rains so it was time to get up close and personal and I only used my Canon 100 macro lens with a Canon 500D close up lens on the front. Here's a few of my favourite shots:

561624141_MhohP-M.jpg

561624197_sTska-M.jpg

561624236_xtMvd-M.jpg

561624261_YmFBJ-M.jpg

560019849_GMiKU-L-1.jpg

562307909_4rotJ-L.jpg

You can see a few more here:

Nelson Bay Photos

Great Pics gudge ... sorry the weather was so terrible for you, now you have an excuse to come back some other time!

Thanks Gudge great shots as usual. I know the time frame for the shots was the last thread but this is likely the one people will see most so it is nice to have them in here too so they don't get missed!

I always enjoy your shots so much I love the Nudi shot.. the colours are astounding!

Sorry the weather conditions were so awful ... you will just have to come back again later... maybe March??????

conditions are still cold and crummy at the moment so no diving for me still. However I did get my tetnus shot (ouch) and antimaleria meds so I am ready for Vanuatu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom