Aussie Diving September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehehehehe. send Yves/scubaroo a email about the Currajong as i dont think his boat schedule goes that far in advance yet

Yea I might do that. I think I contacted him a month in advance about Magic Point :p I noticed the itinerary change from blank to Magic Point so it seems he is open to suggestions :) Really hope there aren't 6m waves like there was last time... but at least I can just do another dive at Camp Cove if that happens :D

:wink:Our weather isn't always bad! But I don't think they do that dive all that often... not that many mad people around! Lots of notice would be good.

I haven't got a schedule for October yet. Would be nice to dive with you. What kind of regs do you have? Our tanks are steel DINS high pressure so maybe we can make arrangements for Theo to do a fill and.......My longest dive was at Bare Island 126 minutes.

Is it an Irish thing? Greg gives me a rough time about potatoes... I've never met a potato I didn't like. He says I would eat them three meals a day... and what is wrong with that? It isn't a proper meal without potatoes! I would think the potatoes would be well marinated in sea salt... it's a thought

The Rockers usually arrive early for a predive before the nets silt up and use the rest of the fill for the spud hunt. You diving it this time AW?:D

:wink:Our weather isn't always bad! But I don't think they do that dive all that often... not that many mad people around! Lots of notice would be good.

I haven't got a schedule for October yet. Would be nice to dive with you. What kind of regs do you have? Our tanks are steel DINS high pressure so maybe we can make arrangements for Theo to do a fill and.......My longest dive was at Bare Island 126 minutes.

Is it an Irish thing? Greg gives me a rough time about potatoes... I've never met a potato I didn't like. He says I would eat them three meals a day... and what is wrong with that? It isn't a proper meal without potatoes! I would think the potatoes would be well marinated in sea salt... it's a thought

The Rockers usually arrive early for a predive before the nets silt up and use the rest of the fill for the spud hunt. You diving it this time AW?:D

I missed your post last night somehow! I have an MK11 yoke first stage so I don't think it takes DIN (a yoke valve it is) but I don't know much about that kind of thing sorry! Here it is:
ImageGen.aspx

I don't know if is an Irish thing, perhaps! That is why I got called Saspotato, cos Sas are my initials (there were always too many Sarahs at school) and cos I am Irish (though recently I got my Aussie passport as well so am both now I imagine! Maybe I can be Saslamingtonpotato or something) :D Also 'PotatoGirl' was another name I got. Yea, it is not a real meal without potatoes! I agree. *nod*

Might send an email now then about the wreck dive. I like to plan stuff way in advance, two months is cutting it pretty fine for me! :rofl3: I booked PNG 18 months in advance!

Well - you learn something new every day. Until 11:20 am today I didn't know potatos sink.

Sounds like some people take the competition too seriously - have you ever had someone smuggle extra potatoes in order to get a prize, or do they use special pre-marked potatoes?

The Currajong looks like a cool wreak. Is 'Scubaroo' the same melbourne Scubaroo that used to be on this board, and who had an web tec supply shop for a number of years?

Cheers,
Rohan

by memory, potatoes are marked :lotsalove:

and there are alot of good prizes that warrant such actions.... a mike ball trip, steel tank, pelican case, fins, mask, regs & computer

of course you have to get past the 82 padi logs/bags/hats first

last year we won a pelican case! .... divers drooling over unpicked foam is a scary sight

.....The Currajong looks like a cool wreak. Is 'Scubaroo' the same melbourne Scubaroo that used to be on this board, and who had an web tec supply shop for a number of years?
dont think so, Scubaroos is Yves the mad frenchman

Dunno about September, but i just got back from Cairns and Port Douglas in late August and dived the GBR (agincourt ribbon reefs).
Very nice as it was the first time i'd dived out of Tasmania

Attachments

• 20080814_230%20%28Small%29.JPG
    20080814_230%20%28Small%29.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20080814_231%20%28Small%29.JPG
    20080814_231%20%28Small%29.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 31
Nice photos Steve - who did you dive with?

That’s a pity Almity - there goes Plan A: I guess I'll be leaving my potato smugglers at home if I ever go to one of these...

How did you find the diving in comparison to Tassie, Steve? I have never really dived in the tropics (well I did two dives in the Red Sea but was a bit task loaded to remember much! :p) so was wondering what it is like compared to cold water dives.

Yves says he runs the Currajong dive on the last Fri of every month so I will book my flights for 31st October and will be up for a Bare Island dive on Nov 1st! Hopefully you guys will be free to come for a dive on Sat :bounce:

How did you find the diving in comparison to Tassie, Steve? I have never really dived in the tropics (well I did two dives in the Red Sea but was a bit task loaded to remember much! :p) so was wondering what it is like compared to cold water dives........
tropical diving is goodddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd but in saying that if you gave me a free tassie trip i would drop everything to go! organizing the extra luggage is a pita but the diving makes it well worth it. in fact, if we lived ini melb we would dive tassie more often by catching the ferry over and taking our own car and tanks

......... Yves says he runs the Currajong dive on the last Fri of every month so I will book my flights for 31st October and will be up for a Bare Island dive on Nov 1st! Hopefully you guys will be free to come for a dive on Sat :bounce:
ive just told hubby to be free on Sat 1st Nov..:bounce: if you change dates let me know!

we have a small stubby 12ltr steel yoke tank we can bring but all our other tanks are DIN and you have a yoke reg

Shelia is the spotter that knows all the cool critters at Bare Island... but no pressure Mrs Petunia:D

Back
Top Bottom