Austin area diving this spring/summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txmanager

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm a fairly new diver, got certified this past labor day weekend. I'm hoping to hook up with one of you this year so that I can become an "official" Swamper.
Just wanted you guys to know that I have an 18x20 canopy we can use out at WP or anywhere else in the area. I'll also be down at Mammoth Lake quite a bit. My dad still lives there and I grew up there. So, if you need a buddy down that way, hit me up.
Maybe later this spring/summer we can organize a BBQ cook out. My brother has a huge pit we can cook for hundreds with. Just some random thoughts that might be fun. Anyway, thanks for the time and I'll see you at the water's edge.

Attachments

• Pit2.jpg
    Pit2.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 66
Dude THANKS for the info. and ideas....do you think we could get that HUGE trailer/BBQ to float like a pontoon...we could really have fun!!! :D

Wow! That's a sweet set up. Drop me a note anytime you're ready to dive...BBQ Pit or not. :)

Welcome to the group! It's almost a sure thing that some of us will be at Lake Travis on any given weekend this spring/summer.

Welcome to the Swamp! - We dive year round here so don't wait for spring - bolt a space heater to that rig and head for the lake! I'm on doctors orders to stay dry until March 1 but after that I'll dive any time - any place - any weather.

That there Bar BQ grill is too much! I love it!

Just got a Catalina 22' foot sailboat which will be putting on Travis regularly as a dive boat... So I am thinking with enough lift bags we should be able to keep your trailer afloat, move it around the lake with my boat and maybe a pontoon or two and we can set up camp anywhere...

Wishing for warm weather really quickly and the end of Divemaster Training....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom