Author of "The Last Dive" to speak May 1st in Lakeland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Off The Wall Adventures Presents: Lesson from The Last Dive with The Last Dive Author Bernie Chowdhury

Thursday May 1, 2008

Off the Wall Adventures
2055 Shepherd Road
Lakeland, Florida 33811
863-709-9253

Reception & Book Signing 6:00 PM
Program & Presentation 7:00 PM

Bernie Chowdhury has worn many hats during his 23 years in the diving industry: instructor, expedition diver, equipment marketing and development consultant, writer, lecturer, wreck diving accident analyst, Fellow of the Explorers Club, founder, and co-publisher of “IMMERSED: the international diving magazine,” and documentary co-producer. His first book, The Last Dive, was published by HarperCollins, and has received critical acclaim. In 2001, he was named “Diver of the Year – Education,” by Beneath the Sea, which annually holds North America’s largest consumer diving show in the Meadowlands, NJ. Bernie is a board-certified hyperbaric medical technologist (CHT). He is an active instructor with DAN, NAUI, PADI and TDI and teaches courses from beginner through trimix diver.

In Lessons from the Last Dive, the light-hearted meets the serious in this examination of diving safety. The lessons learned from The Last Dive are applicable to all types of diving. This engaging slide and video presentation will focus on the wreck and cave diving world, as discussed in Bernie’s book The Last Dive, with safety lessons for everyone. So, whether you dive in 30 feet or in 300 feet of water, attend this talk so that YOUR next dive is not your last!

Don’t miss Off The Wall Adventures’ Future Tech Diving Events

Sunday May 18: Kiss Closed Circuit Rebreather
and Tech Equipment Demo at Off the Wall Adventures
Saturday & Sunday May 24-25 Advanced Nitrox Class
July 4th Weekend: Tech Trip to the Hydro Atlantic
August 16-17: Tech & Rec Trip to the Key’s newest wreck the Vandenberg

Just a reminder about Bernie's presentation tomorrow night here in Lakeland. I hope to see some of you there. For questions or directions, call Off the Wall Adventures at 863-709-9253.

Doug

I wish I could go, but I have to work my reg shift tom. Please post a synopsis of the presentation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom