Average age of divers today???

What is your age I am looking for average age of divers today.

• 10yr to 19yr

Votes: 26 2.5%
  • 20yr to 29yr

Votes: 139 13.2%
  • 30yr to 39yr

Votes: 231 22.0%
  • 40yr to 49yr

Votes: 262 24.9%
  • 50yr to 59yr

Votes: 286 27.2%
  • 60yr to 69yr

Votes: 96 9.1%
  • 70yr+ You just cant quit diving.

Votes: 12 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I answered with my age... a sprightly sixty something. Of course I'm so pleased to see many young ladies involved with diving today. You know, the forty somethings! Love those youngsters.

Age 28 here. Wife and kid are certified as well.

That's because the average age of the people that can afford to dive, go places and dive, is 40's+. :)

Ahh But I did far more diving in my teens, 20's and 30's. But then look at where I live. My parents (then I before the baby) had a home on the water. Both my Dad and I had boats. The furthest I have traveled to dive is the Keys (2.5 hours in the car). The Bahamas chain is closer. (I used to cross on my 23 ft CC.) 60 miles I think to West End.( That was still a few hours)

Yup, we are blessed. One of my dive buddies is ~ 21. A student. Actually was certified with my daughter a few years ago. He is a dive guide with one of the local ops. He's got hundreds of (Free) dives. Actually he gets an hourly wage and tips as well.

There is only one other person in my age bracket (10-19) depressing more people my age would rather go out drinking and doing drugs than enjoying the wonders of the under water world!

I was certed at 19. Good on you. The colors I see underwater are better than any chemical that I ingested did for me. (hey, it was the 70's) But you are so right. I am very happy that my 19 year old daughter prefers diving, surfing, jet skiing, water skiing etc to drinking.

I answered with my age... a sprightly sixty something. Of course I'm so pleased to see many young ladies involved with diving today. You know, the forty somethings! Love those youngsters.

Robbing the cradle, Dr. Bill? :laughing:

'youngsters'? You're makin' me blush, my friend. :wink:

That's because the average age of the people that can afford to dive, go places and dive, is 40's+. :)
I agree with this. I did manage to dive in my teens, but it competed with a lot of other activities. I am now too old for ice hockey, football (ouch, it hurts just contemplating it), and nightclubs. So, many of the competing activities are history, and the diving has changed from NYC-area wrecks and quarries to tropical liveaboards, dramatically tilting the balance towards diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom