Back from Palau!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all I can say is................ OH MY GOD!!!

robint

Another diver ruined by the Pacific :D
Now the problem for you is, the reef diving in the Caribbean will not be as good as you thought it was.

Another diver ruined by the Pacific :D
Now the problem for you is, the reef diving in the Caribbean will not be as good as you thought it was.

No, I don't think so.... the reefs and the diving are completely different. The Caribbean is quite tame and relaxing, lush reefs, easier to stop and watch the critters (video and photo ops). Palau is wild, deep, very exciting and action-packed --- just a different experience all together! Plus the Pacific trip was double the $$$ of going to the Carib, so even though I would love to go there every year, I don't think we can afford it. It's really like comparing apples to oranges.
Just my 2 cents!

robint:D

Just FYI,

The Eco Explorer is the sister ship of the better known Big Blue Explorer. The Eco replaced the Big Blue which is here in the Philippines right now getting refurbished and dry docked. The Eco is bigger and has twice the rooms of the BB but we keep the occupancy level only at half full unless the dive organizer requests otherwise.

Like the BB, diving is done in small groups- we usually divide them into 2 with each group having their own chaseboat. This makes drop offs and pick up from the water much safer and faster. It also means the group can go to different dive sites and not crowd all on one spot.

Photos of the boat are on Expeditionfleet Scuba Diving Liveaboards- Philippines, Palau and Chuuk

Photo essay on the palau trip I did early this year is on yvette's Site
just click on the Palau albums. There are also other dive albums in there. Feel free to browse.

Yvette, Sweet! You've moved the Pacific Explorer II to Chuuk!!!! Finally, an alternative to the Thor Finn...

You should definitely do a liveaboard in Palau or Truk. I was on the Palau Aggressor in Feb 03 and the Truk Odyssey in Feb 07. They are vey comfortable and very well laid out. We got: Up to 5 dives a day, all meals, snacks and alcohol, no long skiff rides to the dive sites, warm towels after every dive and (in Palau) expert dive guides and boat handelers who will find you no matter where you pop up. :)

Where did you stay? I am thinking of going and wondering if a liveaboard is worth it in Pallau. Did you do a package deal?

Hi, I am thinking of going to Palau either mid feb or sometime in Mar. Is anyone interested? I cant find anyone to go with right now so I'm seriously considering going solo... I'm singaporean, female, 26years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom