Trip Report Back in the high life again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another great report. I am going to miss these daily updates after tomorrow- they have been awesome and entertaining! So, in the same spirit, I commit to provide my own daily reports beginning 06/26 and lasting for 11 days.

06/26 will begin with a 3 tanker on Wetter the Better out of West Palm Beach; followed by 5 straight days out of Boynton with Loggerhead (including a night dive on the 28th) and a Blue Heron Bridge afternoon dive on the 1st of July -- then a morning 2 tanker with Wetter the Better on 7/02 before driving down to Key Largo for 4 tank dive days on July 3-5 and a morning 2 tanker on July 6th before flying back to the PNW the afternoon of July 7. After 4 months of water temps in the 40's and visibility in the 3-15 foot range, I can't wait.
Looks like you may get in more diving than I did :), and I am tired. I haven't been on a night dive in FL since last summer. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Last day, 12 of 12. Boy, did I go out with a bang, 2 of my favorite dives in Boynton Beach with Loggerhead, Capt Alex and mate Josh. First dive was 007/Grouper Hole on the outside reef to Clubhouse on the inside. Second dive was from Sharkie's Ledge on the outside to Gazebo and Briney Breezes on the inside. Capt Alex knows the reef better than nearly anyone, takes care to drop in the very best places :)

Day started calm and flat, wind picked up a bit but still around 2 feet. Visibility was 50-60 feet, mild to moderate north current, water temp up to 82 degrees.

A couple of Nurse Sharks, again, many Loggerheads, a couple of large Goliath Grouper at the start of the 2nd dive, all the entertaining, usual reef fish.

I'm grateful I could make it down to Florida to partially make up for 3 months of lost diving. Twenty nine dives, nearly 31 hours :)

See you in July

View attachment 592253
Just awesome!

Just awesome!
Well, my friend, you had an amazing trip from my perspective! Thanks for keeping us posted daily on your experiences, the dive conditions and the overall situation during these different times. Have a great weekend.

Another great report. I am going to miss these daily updates after tomorrow- they have been awesome and entertaining! So, in the same spirit, I commit to provide my own daily reports beginning 06/26 and lasting for 11 days.

06/26 will begin with a 3 tanker on Wetter the Better out of West Palm Beach; followed by 5 straight days out of Boynton with Loggerhead (including a night dive on the 28th) and a Blue Heron Bridge afternoon dive on the 1st of July -- then a morning 2 tanker with Wetter the Better on 7/02 before driving down to Key Largo for 4 tank dive days on July 3-5 and a morning 2 tanker on July 6th before flying back to the PNW the afternoon of July 7. After 4 months of water temps in the 40's and visibility in the 3-15 foot range, I can't wait.

Wow! Quite the schedule. Blue Heron night dive on July 2nd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom