back in the saddle ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!

hooray! welcome to the club.

jim, i think this is the first time i've seen an instructor confirm someone passing online! :)

Congratulations, Bob!! Great job! And I know if Jim passed you then you are definitely ready to be diving the caves on your own. Enjoy your next couple of days. And let me know when you plan on heading to Marianna!

Oh, you'll love Madison (or at least I did).

Now we need to get you down to Mexico -- you've earned it!

Got tomorrow and Friday to just kick back and enjoy some dives now ... I think we'll hit Madison Blue and Little River.
I would rent 2 sets of doubles each to head to Madison and bring lunch with you, as there's no fill stations and not many places to eat nearby. Tons of passage at Madison that's within an easy swimming range, so 2 dives is hardly enough! I would also skip Little River because it's a stupid cave, but that's just me lol :wink:

Congratulations on full cave. Nothing feels better than having the training wheels removed and getting to dive at your own comfort level. It's a huge responsibility to yourself, your friends, family, loved ones and dive buddies from here on out to analyze your comfort level and skill before each and every dive, because there's no longer any agency limitations placed for you.

Congratulations, Bob! Thanks for posting this part of the journey, it's very useful.

I would also skip Little River because it's a stupid cave, but that's just me lol :wink:

I don't understand this comment! I haven't been in a cave I don't like...including the dark tannic ones that don't get much traffic because you can't see very much. Sure I wish the visibility was better, but it's still a cave!

Thanks again for the comments and salutations.

We do each have two sets of doubles, plus a deco bottle with us. Staying at The Outpost makes getting fills for each day really easy. We are planning two dives at each place.

I've dived Little River before ... up to the second T ... and had a good time. If I had my druthers, I'd be finishing this trip up at Hole in the Wall ... but that's a serious haul from here ... next time.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom