Backlight dull on Stinger/Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this?

I have a Stinger and I have had a hard time reading the instrument at night. The backlight seems dull. Replaced the batteries but that didn't help.

Now I just got a Vytec and again it seems that the backlighht is not bright enough. Well it certainly is nowhere near as bright as the Datatrans units that I have.

SA

Well I'll eat some crow...

I just lookes at my Stinger and it's pretty bright. I remember now when I bought it it had been sitting on the shelf a long time and the battery was nearly dead. The backlight was dull. After replacing the battery it was much better.

I still have a hard time reading it at night. Probably because my eyes are changing and I use a stick on magnifier in my mask. So I think I have a hard time with the Stinger at night because of a combination of things...my eyes, small numbers, etc. Unfortunately shiming my light on the face of the Stinger doesn't help.

So, now a new Vytec. Bigger numbers and a countdown timer!
But the backlight sucks. This one has been on the shelf a long time, too. But the battery indicator shows full up. I'm gonna change out a new battery anyways and see if it helps.

SA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom