Backplate hole not aligned with harness - Bad design or bad user?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must have been doing it wrong for the last 18 years!
Possible. There are people who have been diving for much longer than you and still dive like sea horses and kick up dirt whereever they go. 😆

Mine sits already far from the plate, I don't know if it's because it's new so the harness is very stiff or if it's because the inclination of by BP holes is wrong ?
View attachment 793534
New stiff webbing, it will flatten out with use.

I meant it’s new stiff webbing that is making it sit out like that. He has the plate, didn’t pay much for it so he may as well use it.
If I bought a piece of gear that lasts for decades I'd rather not use something when I realise it's crap design before I even used it.
Why not just give it back?

I bought a used DSS plate recently and was confused since it has the exact same situation of webbing grommet not lining up with holes. I didn't think much of it since I'm still on singles. But I thought that DSS plates were well regarded, so is this also bad design or done for a reason I don't know?

If I bought a piece of gear that lasts for decades I'd rather not use something when I realise it's crap design before I even used it.
Why not just give it back?
He is in Thailand, bought it from an on line Chinese source. None of this will effect it’s use until he decides to buy a stainless plate. If he had bought it over the counter than yes return it.

I bought a used DSS plate recently and was confused since it has the exact same situation of webbing grommet not lining up with holes. I didn't think much of it since I'm still on singles. But I thought that DSS plates were well regarded, so is this also bad design or done for a reason I don't know?
DSS harnesses didn't have a grommet. The rubbery moldings in the slots kept the webbing from moving.

The platee are also optimized for single tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom