Backup Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ziggys_Friend once bubbled...

Humm ... I dive with contacts too, but I've never actually had a problem loosing them underwater when I dove without a mask. Is that just me?

Are you wearing gas permeable lenses? I.E. Hard lenses.

I wear soft conatacts and I remember a time in the pool opening my eyes and losing them.

Your lenses didn't come oput of your eyes??

taat2d once bubbled...

If you only open your eyes part way and do not move your head fast, you should be okay. One problem with fresh water is it rinses the saline out of your eyes and the lenses will glue themselves to your eyeball. Then when you blink, your eyelids may push them off. Saltwater is not a problem there.

MD

taat2d once bubbled...

Humm ... I dive with contacts too, but I've never actually had a problem loosing them underwater when I dove without a mask. Is that just me?

Are you wearing gas permeable lenses? I.E. Hard lenses.

I wear soft conatacts and I remember a time in the pool opening my eyes and losing them.

Well, if you want to get personal, I have soft extended wear lenses and no, never had them come out when I've opened my eyes underwater (though I wasn't trying to get them to).

~<//><

Im gonna try opening my eyes underwater again and se what happens. I wear disposables, and I get them for free.:D

taat2d once bubbled...
and I get them for free.:D

I'm so glad ... otherwise I was going to have to start typing in all my standard disclaimers.

One other suggestion, be sure if you plan to dive and take them out that you have a back-up pair with you! I always carry and extra set in my left scuba pocket - never know when they might fall out ...

~<//><

P.S. Hummm, maybe I should put those disclaimers in after all ...

I keep a pair in my gear bag. Think you could get them in under water? That would be pretty tricky don't you think? Forgive me if I misinterpret why you keep them in your suit pocket.:D

taat2d once bubbled...
I keep a pair in my gear bag. Think you could get them in under water? That would be pretty tricky don't you think? Forgive me if I misinterpret why you keep them in your suit pocket.:D

Sure U could! You just have to be careful when you tilt your head back to put them in real careful like. Ideally have your buddy hold a mirror for you. Great thing is you don't need any saline, it's all around you!

~<//>< :wink:

P.S. Sorry taat2d, I couldn't help myself - I was just funnin with U about bringing back-up's down under. I do, however, manage to open my eyes underwater and not loose my contacts.

Sure U could! You just have to be careful when you tilt your head back to put them in real careful like. Ideally have your buddy hold a mirror for you. Great thing is you don't need any saline, it's all around you!

~<//>< :wink:

P.S. Sorry taat2d, I couldn't help myself - I was just funnin with U about bringing back-up's down under. I do, however, manage to open my eyes underwater and not loose my contacts.

HAHAHAHAHA

I have to admit it. You got me good. I was sitting here reading this with my mouth hanging open. LMAO :D

I beleve the cost of second mask and the accessory for it is cheaper than my life.

Only being certified 2 years ago and not yet into the tec stuff this was the first I've ever heard of packing a spare mask! I'm new to the board also and learning alot from the tec/wreck crowd. Guess I'll start packing it in my bc from now on. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom