backup strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although 5thD suppossedly has someone local making these for them, they are basically a Waterborne strap, only wider. The nice thing is that the strap won't break and you have two pins that hold the computer or BT in place. If one pin breaks, the other should hold till the end of the dive.

mikelegurra:
as i've said in a post some days ago, waterborne straps have the same design as regular NATO straps, but are made of thicker material. i've found regular NATO too thin and unconfortable to wear...

you can find them at www.timefactors.com and a lot of other places.

Dan Gibson:
Although 5thD suppossedly has someone local making these for them, they are basically a Waterborne strap, only wider. The nice thing is that the strap won't break and you have two pins that hold the computer or BT in place. If one pin breaks, the other should hold till the end of the dive.

i'm aware of the way the straps work. i was only trying to say that i've tried NATO straps and i found the thin. they come in different widths but they were always the same height.
i'm used to thick rubber straps and i found the straps unconfortable.

i'm thinking about having a waterborne on my stinger because i also find the rubber / elastomer (?) strap very thin.

i'm sorry for the less than perfect english (sometimes i get width and height mixed) but this is not my native tongue and i guess it can get a little confusing...

We replace all our factory straps with bungee.

I changed the straps on my compass and wrist Vyper with a 1" black elastic found at fabric store. Glued and sewed the overlap to close the loop. It slips on easy over everything from bare skin, 3mm to the drysuit. Holds and has the same two pin security that the other more expensive straps have. Total expenditure: $.85

Sorry for what? I wasn't trying to point out anything except that the 5thD is basically a Waterborne strap. I was just letting others who don't already know, how this strap worked. I love these things, Waterborne or 5thD. Hopefully you didn't take offense to my reply.

mikelegurra:
i'm aware of the way the straps work. i was only trying to say that i've tried NATO straps and i found the thin. they come in different widths but they were always the same height.
i'm used to thick rubber straps and i found the straps unconfortable.

i'm thinking about having a waterborne on my stinger because i also find the rubber / elastomer (?) strap very thin.

i'm sorry for the less than perfect english (sometimes i get width and height mixed) but this is not my native tongue and i guess it can get a little confusing...

Dan Gibson:
Sorry for what? I wasn't trying to point out anything except that the 5thD is basically a Waterborne strap. I was just letting others who don't already know, how this strap worked. I love these things, Waterborne or 5thD. Hopefully you didn't take offense to my reply.

dont worry

Back
Top Bottom