Bad Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattroz:
I'm always a lil sceptical when someones first post with no info in their profile is bashing a company... maybe fill in some info to get credibilty...

Exactly! There is usually more to the story then what is written.

First of all, cash sale on $4000 items? Computer that looks like it was pried open? Brand new reg "failing" and then the LDS not even batting an eye about it? Did you buy all this from the back of a van in the alley?

It seems to me that the problem here is not with Oceanic but rather with the LDS, as far as you know, me might have gotten all this gear second hand or from unauthorized channels and trying to pass it on to you.

And as for bad customer service with Oceanic, pleeease! They are the best when it comes to that. Let Doug do this magic before you start bashing the manufacturer.

I agree with Tamas, theres something way wrong here, I don't own any oceanic gear myself, but none the less I own thousands of dollars in dive gear and have never heard of that many problems all at once. And for the LDS not to honor manufacturer warranties?..Never heard of that either. Cant wait to see how this ends up.

Not an Oceanic owner (does owning a shadow mask count), but bravo zulu to the rep for at least trying to rememdy the problem.

third-coast-dive:
There seems to be a lot of talk, but I wasted all day yesterday trying to resolve this, only after I go public they are interested, that is BS, and I still have not been taken care of.

While it definately seems like you have a reason to vent due to the problems you received from the dealer you bought the gear from, have you seen Doug's offer to completely fix everything?

I don't know Doug, but anytime anyone has had an Oceanic problem on here, he's gone to the extra effort to make sure the situation is fixed and does what is right by the customer.

While your LDS has frustrated you, give Doug a chance and don't discount Ocean yet due to one LDS.

You seem to not mind "naming names" against Oceanic, but don't mention who the LDS is who is not honoring thier dealer agreements. Sounds like most of the issues are with them, but who are they?

mike_s:
I don't know Doug, but anytime anyone has had an Oceanic problem on here, he's gone to the extra effort to make sure the situation is fixed and does what is right by the customer.

same goes for cerich. I had a problem with my zeta reg and got a personal phone call from him in about 45 minutes of posting.

mike_s:
I don't know Doug, but anytime anyone has had an Oceanic problem on here, he's gone to the extra effort to make sure the situation is fixed and does what is right by the customer. While your LDS has frustrated you, give Doug a chance and don't discount Ocean yet due to one LDS. You seem to not mind "naming names" against Oceanic, but don't mention who the LDS is who is not honoring thier dealer agreements. Sounds like most of the issues are with them, but who are they?

I do know Doug, Chris,and many others @ OCEANIC/AERIES. They are top notch divers and do the best to provide great service to all their customers. They will do the right thing. I hope the OP will too.

I've seen a couple of disgruntled customers on the board complaining about Oceanic, and every one of these threads ends up with a VERY happy customer.

When I had an issue with my VEO 200, I got top notch support from the phone rep I called. I never had to air my laundry.

Oceanic make good gear, and by the time Doug gets done with you, you'll be a happy customer.

(Sorry if I set the bar too high Doug.:D )

Ken abucs:
Oceanic make good gear, and by the time Doug gets done with you, you'll be a happy customer.

(Sorry if I set the bar too high Doug.:D )

Agreed - I don't own any Oceanic gear yet, but the folks from Oceanic make it very hard to NOT be a customer!

:)

"There seems to be a lot of talk, but I wasted all day yesterday trying to resolve this, only after I go public they are interested, that is BS, and I still have not been taken care of."

Yet another plug for Oceanic.

You definitely got their attention.

Now give them a chance to make things right.

I suspect you will wind up satisfied, and we look forward to your post to that effect.

Best,

Doc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom