Bad Neighbour Rock, Tobermory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Stoo, is the wall close to the Chi Cheemaun ferry laneway?

I guess that depends on your definition of "close"! You aren't in any danger of being run over, that's for sure.

I'd guess that at it's closest it's perhaps 2 km at it's closest point. The Cheech pretty much drives around the shoal, but stays well clear.

I guess that depends on your definition of "close"! You aren't in any danger of being run over, that's for sure.

I'd guess that at it's closest it's perhaps 2 km at it's closest point. The Cheech pretty much drives around the shoal, but stays well clear.

Thanks Stoo

Do you have the GPS coordinates for entry of the better part of the wall by any chance?

I have them in my GPS, but not with me. Basically, we enter at the SE corner of the shoal. You can literally see the drop off from the boat. I should be north this weekend, and I'll try to remember to make a note.

If you do dive there, just be aware that this is very exposed and currents can be strong. Make sure you have a competent tender in the boat.

Great scott that's some fine photography! Is that a second boat or an optical illusion in the last photo. I think the latter, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have them in my GPS, but not with me. Basically, we enter at the SE corner of the shoal. You can literally see the drop off from the boat. I should be north this weekend, and I'll try to remember to make a note.

If you do dive there, just be aware that this is very exposed and currents can be strong. Make sure you have a competent tender in the boat.

Much appreciated Stoo - thank you

Back
Top Bottom