bag drag or CUN-CZM via air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hesitate to say this.....if you are considering renting a car, rent a car from Yes, drive it to the car ferry. The car ferry has more crossings than the passenger ferry right now. The car will cost less in Cancun and 4 passengers are included with the car for 400 or 500 pesos depending on which one you catch. No disinfectant tunnel, no temperature check and you drive off the ferry at the other end to where you are going without messing with your scuba bags.

You wait in an area that has benches and board first.
Nothing extra onboard? Screw that.

Current exchange rates are about 22½ Pesos to the Dollar so that gets Ultramar over $11USD per crossing. What do you get with First Class for an extra 60 Pesos?

I've used it twice with UltraMar. Once it got us into an air-conditioned room just inside from the back open deck where we had booth seating (cracked vinyl not leather) and a waiter brought us drinks. Another time we got the plain single seats with no service. Depends on the boat you get. Kinda worthwhile for the former, waste of money for the latter. I don't know how to identify which boat you're getting before buying tickets.

In neither case did it affect boarding or unboarding or baggage handling.

This is what they claim is First Class. I'm not sure what boat this is on but I've never seen this. My first experience had a table like this but with plain vinyl bench seating like you'd find in a cheap restaurant. If I was sure to get this with wait service and boarding/baggage advantages it would be a no-brainer to me.
innovation-slides_1eraclase.jpg

First class is upstairs on ultramar. It’s decent if downstairs is full, but I wouldn’t really pay extra for it

This is what they claim is First Class. I'm not sure what boat this is on but I've never seen this. My first experience had a table like this but with plain vinyl bench seating like you'd find in a cheap restaurant. If I was sure to get this with wait service and boarding/baggage advantages it would be a no-brainer to me.
View attachment 595642
They don't really care who sits in that area. I've definitely sat there multiple times paying for "regular" seats.

Back
Top Bottom