Bag Drag Thoughts and Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other option if two variables fit. If you plan on renting a car in Cozumel and your flight arrives in Cancun early enough, you can rent a car in Cancun & take the car ferry out of Calica. It's actually a fairly pleasant journey & most times during the year they run a 350 Peso special each way. Works out to about $64 round trip. We like to take the 6PM ferry & watch the sunset as we're crossing.

Ok, so you pay full price on the first trip, then the discount is on the return trip? The fare is currently 155 pesos, so the discount is 70, therefore the combined discount is 140 = 15 on the return. The numbers don't match your experience.

And you do have to wait for that company, not just take the next boat.

I never worked it out until now but it looks like I got 30% off the round trip fare instead of the 45% in the promo. Regardless,we made a couple of trips across throughout the week and hitting the proper ferry schedule was not an inconvenience for us so it was a couple hundred pesos of savings per person. For a group of 4 that adds up to almost 800 pesos.

---------- Post added February 24th, 2013 at 08:39 PM ----------

I would not pre-purchase a ferry ticket for the arriving day PDC to Cozumel portion. How can you be certain that the next ferry to leave PDC when you get there will be that ferry company?

There are schedules online that help you to determine whether it works for you or not.

...and you do have to wait for that company, not just take the next boat.
I would think that that's the point of the promo.

I would think that that's the point of the promo.
Oh, yeah - and asking the ticket lady why your 45% discount shrank to 30% would be fruitless I bet. You would save, and the boats do have schedules - subject to changes. An option...

Having to wait on a specific ferry could mean as much as a two hour wait if your schedule does not go according to plan. While this is an interesting offer, people should fully understand the delay implications and decide if waiting two hours is worth a few pesos.

Having to wait on a specific ferry could mean as much as a two hour wait if your schedule does not go according to plan. While this is an interesting offer, people should fully understand the delay implications and decide if waiting two hours is worth a few pesos.
Most of the intervals are 3 hours; 1 is 4 hours from 12 to 4 even days leaving Coz or 1 to 5 leaving PDC. México Waterjets - Fery Cozumel-Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen Ferry-Cozumel

If the boats are close to ontime, one could plan accordingly - an option...

Don, my two hours was based upon getting there in time to make the Ultramar but having to wait two hours for the Mexico ferry.

Back
Top Bottom