Bahia Principe Akumal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chipper

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on diving at Bahia Principe Akumal? Also wondering if you can snorkel out front of the resort or is it roped off?

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

YOu mihgt do better to research your question on the Mexico forum...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

And don't forget to wash your hands after handling meat, poultry or fish.

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

The Bahia Principe Akumal is the resort down the beach from where I normally stay. Not sure about down there, but the snorkeling at my resort is pretty cool!!!

Diver Lori:
The Bahia Principe Akumal is the resort down the beach from where I normally stay. Not sure about down there, but the snorkeling at my resort is pretty cool!!!

Thanks for your response Lori. What is the name of the resort that you have stayed at?

It's a resort that caters to cave divers. Villa De Rosa. www.cenotes.com They do have open water diving too. It's a small resort owned by some ex-pat Americans. Very small compared to Bahia Principe.

We stayed at the Bahia last year. The snorkelling was pretty good at the resort. Very nice for newbies. We didn't get a chance to dive while we were there because of weather. So we toured all the Mayan ruins in the area. Very nice vacation.

:yelclap: I loved Diving with the gang From Bahia Divers at the Bahia Principe. They offer reef and cenote diving along with snorkel trips and Coz trips. For local snorkeling I would suggest taking a very short cab ride to Yal-ku lagoon in Akumal it is mixed fresh and salt Water and simply amazing. A board member just got back from there a couple of days ago and I am hoping she will post a trip report. Please pass a hello onto my favorite DM while you are there. "HEY STEFANO!!!!!".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom