Bali diving and relaxing 1 week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for all of your recommendations it has been very helpful. Most importatly we have decided to stay for 2 weeks! We will have more time to enjoy Bali without feeling rushed and jet lagged.

TXmama, I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing in July within a 7-8 day trip. My first time to Bali. MY GF just got OW and only has a total of 6 dives. We want to do 2 days diving, some time in Ubud, 1 day bicycle tour and 2-3 nights at the Conrad relaxing.

I'd like to hear what you finally decided.

Thanks

I'm off for a trip there late July. Staying at Kubu, just up the road from Tulamben, I intend to dive most days either on the coral gardens at Kubu or around Tulamben.

I picked a resort with great rankings on Trip Advisor. It has spa stuff for my travelling mate who doesn't dive.

I have done 40 dives in the last 18 months, but am very new, and not a naturally confident diver. Selected Tulamben area after reading and talking to others, as suitable for a newbie who wants to look at great stuff, while diving over and over to gain experience, familiarity, skill improvement, without the additional task loading of strong current etc...

Meanwhile, I am swimming to improve my fitness...

Recommended staying at bebek tepi sawah in ubud. Well priced villas in lush spa resort with a fantastic restaurant. Probably my fave place I have stayed for a long time. And def try climb mount batur and see the sunrise behind Lombok in the distance! Just ask your hotel to get you a driver. Costs like $30 a day an he will take u anywhere.
If you are going for 2 weeks then you could spend 4-5days at tulumben area or seraya or amed, sith the wreck being v easy and excellet...and 3-4days at lembongan which is v relaxed place and you can dive manta point or bay. Plus u can even see the mola mola at that time. My gf had only 10 dives when she went last year with me and she was fine. Just maybe avoid crystal bay, and go with a good dive operator eg twofish, world diving, blue corner divers etc

Enjoy! Ps go try some Luwak coffee, authentic rendang and deng deng and you will forever remember the scent of frangipani!

Back
Top Bottom