Bali Diving Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vanderfly

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be going to Bali in the second part of August, if anyone has been there can you please advise on:
- good diving center that can arrange pickups in Kuta (I would probably dive for 3 full days not more, and probably won't be interested in Safari - yet who knows)
- what wetsuit is recommended and what is the sea temperature (I have two-part 5 mm and my girlfriend 5mm)
- is it usual practice to leave equipment in diving center and how safe it is (I am planning to bring my own equipment)

Thanks in advance :)

We had water temps of 81-82F back in April at Tulamben. Dove 2 wks in a skin, so much to see we never got cold. Stayed at Liberty Dive, never a problem leaving things at the shop or anywhere for that matter. Bali is a real treat that way (among others!). When you get away from Denpassar you begin to realize just how wonderful folks are on Bali. (No offense to Denpassar, there's just so many folks there you kind of go into alert mode even if it may not be necessary.) Hopefully you'll get over to Tulamben. Yeah, the Liberty wreck sees a lot of divers but the wreck is only one of many great sites (Serya, Amed, Kubu--they are all not far away). And certainly those aren't the only attractions. Have a bowl of soto ayam on the rooftop at Wayan's while looking out towards Mt.Agung and you'll see what I mean! // ww

I you are staying in Kuta and want picked up.waterworx of padang bai would be a good choice and they will collect you it's not far and nice place to hang out during the day and good dive sites from here and if you wanted to go up to Tulamben this can be arranged,check there website or email Wolfgang.

3MM wetsuit is fine and no problem leaving your gear in shop

3MM wetsuit is fine and no problem leaving your gear in shop

3MM wetsuit, are you mad!!? it was 23 degrees this morning in Blue Lagoon, I was freezing cold in a 6MM!! :shocked2:

Almost all operators can organize pick up in Kuta. Aquamarine or Atlantis are among the reliable ones.
5 mm is more than enough for few days diving. It can go below 20 degree around nusa penida, but beside this island the average is pretty tropical around 26 +.
Bali is normally quite safe, just keep your little things like computer, mask, torch with you and it should be no problem.

Well, many thanks guys, I've seen Joe's gone diving web site and it sounded quite good to me. I'll check the others too :)
If its 23 degrees, I guess I would get all 5mm on :) I frequently dive in adriatic and it gets freezing with 5mm when surface sea temperature is around 20 at depth when it gets below, I would say 16, 17...
So, thanks again for very useful information :)

Any dive site recommendations? I am quite interested in manta's and mola mola, rather than wrecks :)

Thanks again!

By the way, what's the better way to organize your diving? To pay in advance over the Internet, or to deal with it when you get there. Are the prices different?

@absoluteamanda

3MM wetsuit, are you mad!!? it was 23 degrees this morning in Blue Lagoon, I was freezing cold in a 6MM!!

Hopefully i am not mad,you must feel the cold:D

Must admit i wear hood/gloves with 3mm also it is not about what suit you wear to keep warm also your.
preparation and how you look after your body temperature especially more so if you are doing a lot of dives.

23 degrees and 6mm and freezing WOW you really feel the cold :D

@Vanderfly

i would stay in Pandang bai for the 3 days and dive from there and enloy the place.travelling from Kuta to that area everyday is lost holiday time :D

Back
Top Bottom