Bali Diving Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not at 23 exactly, but in adriatic if surface is about 22, on 20 meteres it can get to be around 17.
When it gets under 17 I usually can stand it for sometime, when it get to 15, I usually want out :D

@Vanderfly
but in adriatic if surface is about 22, on 20 meteres it can get to be around 17.
When it gets under 17 I usually can stand it for sometime, when it get to 15, I usually want out

I would be getting my 7MM out for that :D or maybe i dry suit to enjoy it more at depth.

Regarding your Manta and Mola Mola for sure over on Nusa Pendi you have opportunity to see them,again if that was your plan i would go over for 3 days to Nusa Lembongan as it's better to dive from there and save travelling across,it's easy to get there and reasonable places to stay and it's very nice there and you can hire a motorbike and explore the place.

Cooler water here so 5mm for sure :D

Not sure your plans but would not spend all your time in kuta and travelling from there to all these places again it is lost time.

3days in Pandang bai and the sites around there from Macro,sharks and possible Mola Mola and a nice place to hang out and 3 days in Lembongan for your Manta and Mola and you don't have to dive each day and it very nice over there being so close to Bali

I will be in Indonesia in September for 5 weeks If you plan things right you can see more and do more.

I will be going to Bali in the second part of August, if anyone has been there can you please advise on:
- good diving center that can arrange pickups in Kuta (I would probably dive for 3 full days not more, and probably won't be interested in Safari - yet who knows)
- what wetsuit is recommended and what is the sea temperature (I have two-part 5 mm and my girlfriend 5mm)
- is it usual practice to leave equipment in diving center and how safe it is (I am planning to bring my own equipment)

Thanks in advance :)
We dove at Nusa Penida in early September and it was cold... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We dove in 5mm with 3/5 hooded vests underneath! It was worth it though because we saw 5 mola molas! Awesome!

Lived in Bali for just over 3 years now, and seem to add another 1mm of neoprene with every passing year. They say your blood thins in hot countries but I never expected to feel so cold underwater.

This last week we have had a Mola encounter on each trip to Crystal Bay, Nusa Penida and Mimpang, they were even spotted in Blue Lagoon over a week ago.

Look like we're gonna have a good Mola spotting season.

@absoluteamanda

Don't worry ! give it 3 more years and you will be in your dry suit :D and you will always be nice and warm :D:D:D

Hi Guys - if I can hijack this thread a bit. I am doing 3 days diving in Tulamben late Sept, we have just arranged for my partner to do a cooking course in Ubud one day.

Question: can you get a days diving travelling from Ubud? where to go??

@absoluteamanda

Don't worry ! give it 3 more years and you will be in your dry suit :D and you will always be nice and warm :D:D:D

My husband has had a dry suit in Bali for almost 2 years already! It was the first one that the dive supply shop had ever sold. We really feel the cold.:cold::diver:

Question: can you get a days diving travelling from Ubud? where to go??
Ubud is about 1 hours from Padang Bai which is where most of the dive boats leave from, for areas like Nusa Penida (Manta Point/Crystal Bay etc), Tepekong, Mimpang, Gili Biaha or the local diving around Blue Lagoon area.

@absoluteamanda diving all the time you start to feel the cold even more and around your area as you now water is a little cooler and change's even more so,usually on a trip i will dive around 70/75 dives i have always wanted to wear my drysuit to make life easy,step in /step out after dives nice and dry :D:D:D

@Vanderfly have you decided on any plans

Hi,

I also needsome tips on where to dive in bali.

Some backgorund first. My girlfriend and I got OW certified last month because we're visiting bali in september. as you can imagine we're not experienced. However we are interested in diving a lot during our 2 weeks in Bali.

Could you guys please list some dives apporpriate for our level?

Thanks in advance
Miguelitro

PS we took got our certification here in Portugal... so don't try to scare me with water temp...

ps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom