bali in february?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mala

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
its got to be warmer than blighty but is February a good time to go to bali?

thanks

You're most likely to get a little rain indeed, but the tail end of rainy season ...not far off blighty's annual rainfall but perhaps much warmer and humid :wink: If you are diving then the vis may be down, but if you are planning to relax topside my favourite time is rainy season up the the mountains.

Better off later in the year, from June onwards.

I dived in Bali , Lembongan and the Gilis early February 2012 and it was fantastic....saw no difference between conditions remembered from previous visits in October and June . Had a few afternoon showers but nothing that interfere with activities. It was fairly quiet everywhere , which was fab for diving. I would not hesitate to go again at that time of year.

I was diving in Tulamben in early March this year, weather was fine, diving was great. In 7 days only had a couple of afternoon showers. Not many divers around, thoroughly enjoyed it. Will go back same time next year.

March is when the drier season starts even though you get showers its always passing. My favourite time too as its quiet. And I do like those afternoon showers to nap too! Essentially its hit and miss in feb.. and with all the excellent muck sites around then it doesnt matter if you plan to dive tulamben and its raining.

I dived in Bali , Lembongan and the Gilis early February 2012 and it was fantastic....saw no difference between conditions remembered from previous visits in October and June . Had a few afternoon showers but nothing that interfere with activities. It was fairly quiet everywhere , which was fab for diving. I would not hesitate to go again at that time of year.
had u seen any sunfish ?

Generally, dive conditions are fine the whole year. If you really encounter massive showers for a few days, sites like Tulamben and Amed might be a murky in the top 5 meters (because of river run-off), but other than that diving is similar the rest of the year.

I saw my first Sunfish in March a few years ago, completely out of season. I believe they are here whole year around but in very deep (and cold) waters. Aug-Nov just brings in cold and deep water and Molas follow these currents. Just pray enough, you might be lucky!

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.....seven in June ...we stayed on Lembongan and dived with an excellent experienced dive shop...so they know where to go and what the currents are like. July to October is peak season for mola mola ....they are amazing.

Best fishes xx

Desember - Januari is looking bad, but february seems great. Why not? Not everyday rainy in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom