Bangkok in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I may be taking a little trip next year during Feb that will take me to Bangkok. Are there any good places to dive around there and also what is the weather like in Feb.

Thanks

Go south to Phuket and from there, you can either go to North Andaman sea (Similan, Richeliue, Burma Bank) or go to South Andaman sea (Phi Phi, Tarutao, etc). February is the high season for diving on the Andaman sea so expect qutie a lot of divers but Andaman sea offer the best diving in Thailand.
Technically December to February is winter in Thailand although you would never know it when you are here. In Bangkok, we may get a couple of weeks where the temperature drop to 70 degree early in the morning but otherwise temp will be 80-90 degree most of the day. Phuket is a bit warmer. It usually is dry but we have rain over here in Bangkok for the last 3 days

If you're in bk, there is good diving down Pattaya way, which is very accessible and reasonably cheap to get to even by taxi! The downside is parts of the town itself, which have a deserved bad reputation but there are pleasant areas there too.

mmmmm Pattaya........ pretty crappy diving IMHO ( lived in BKK for 9 years) although out at Ko Rin ( just around the corner ) it can get "OK". Pattaya has some wierd animals, and can be interesting from that perspective ( i.e. Zebra Crabs , Seahorses) but make sure you have Macro or Super Macro on as the viz is quite bad ( like being in a blizard at times ).

Kram wreck (Pattaya ) not too bad, again viz is bad.

Head out to Sattahip, is better usually.

p.s. if your from the UK, then the viz in Pattaya will be "great" ( quote from Tourist i dove with once)..... but compared to Similans or Burma Banks...... well, it aint a fair comparison.

caveman:
p.s. if your from the UK, then the viz in Pattaya will be "great" ( quote from Tourist i dove with once)..... but compared to Similans or Burma Banks...... well, it aint a fair comparison.

agreed, but I think the convenience of getting there is also a factor if you're coming for a short time.

We Have a Dive Centre in pattaya we offer day trips to the near and far island take a look at our web page.

whats the water temp like? ill be diving there around feb 22 - march 1 do i need a wetsuit? i usually dont wear one if the water temp is 80, but if its around 74 or so i would probably wear one

Water temp in Thailand rarely dropped below 28C (about 82F), at least by my divecom. I still use wetsuit though :) I guess I get cold easily!

I wear a 5mm Semi-dry off Phuket and am getting cold, thinking of 7mm...could end up as the first person wearing a dry suit at this rate.

Ian

OWSI 477955

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom