BARAKUDA - CYKLOMAT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like the second stage has been serviced. It looks like it has a newer diaphragm.

Someone mentioned a banjo fitting...
It may also be possible to modify a DIN adapter.
Yeah, I replaced the original, that had cracked and rendered it useless; though I still have some of the black originals with the metal stems.

They were never museum pieces; they were actively used . . .

Here are a couple of true "blasts from the past" -- finally rescued from a dismal Bay Area storage unit, which had always reminded me of the one, depicted in The Silence of the Lambs.

Among them, is a "Barakuda - Cyklomat," produced by Poseidon / Aqua Sport, some five decades ago, for the German company, Barakuda; and the second, one of the earliest models of the Cyklon.

Both of those very simple first stages only allowed for the use of a single second stage, pre-dating any use of submersible pressure gauges, by several years; and, aside from a notable lack of a purge button and the presence of a metal ejector sleeve, the "guttiwuts" of that fully metal Cyklomat, are nearly identical to that of any modern Cyklon.

The "connection wheels" on both regulators, were stamped "Aqua-Sport" of Göteborg, Sweden, a name which briefly preceded the use of the brand, "Poseidon" . . .
Congrats!
Nice find, pretty rare!
I had also a Aqua Sport unit, I gave the 2nd to a Poseidon enthusiast and collector as a present and kept just the 1st, I like the small size.
And just weeks ago I got the opportunity to lay my hand on the first one hose model of Poseidon, which looks very similar to your Barakuda Cyklomat, which was introduced in 1967, nine years after Poseidon got its first Cyklon on the market, as far as I know.
Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• P1060003.JPG
    P1060003.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 71
  • P1060028.JPG
    P1060028.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 63
  • P1060013.JPG
    P1060013.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 58
  • P1060018.JPG
    P1060018.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1934.JPG
    IMG_1934.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1936.JPG
    IMG_1936.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 62
Here are a couple of true "blasts from the past" -- finally rescued from my dismal Bay Area storage unit, which had always reminded me of the "Your Self Storage," from The Silence of the Lambs.

Among them, is a "Barakuda - Cyklomat," produced by Poseidon / Aqua Sport, some five decades ago, for the German company, Barakuda; and the second, one of the earliest models of the Cyklon.

Both of those very simple first stages only allowed for the use of a single second stage, pre-dating any use of submersible pressure gauges, by several years; and, aside from a notable lack of a purge button and the presence of a metal ejector sleeve, the "guttiwuts" of that fully metal Cyklomat, are nearly identical to that of any modern Cyklon.

The "connection wheels" on both regulators, were stamped "Aqua-Sport" of Göteborg, Sweden, a name which briefly preceded the use of the brand, "Poseidon" . . .
What a treat! Thank you for posting those. It's like the family album of the Poseidon Cyklon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom