Barbados first week of December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_pilot737

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys

My buddy and I are heading down to Barbados first week of December for a week. We are both new divers, certified OW last year and only a few dives under our belts.

Looking for opinions, tips, comments on diving in Barbados. Researched a few dive shops and Eco Dive Barbados keeps coming up with good reviews. Anyone have any recent experience there? Or any other recommends for Barbados dive shops?

Thanks

Well, I will give another thumbs up for Andrew and Mikey at Eco Dive Barbados.

I have to say Barbados Blue for diving, good people fun and safe.
Dive Barbados Blue ? Scuba and Snorkel with PADI?s Best at the Hilton
Check them out on trip advisor
Check out what you can expect to see
Barbados underwater - a set on Flickr

Don't expect large animals but the reefs are very healthy and colourful
Almost all dives are drift dives except for wrecks.
Just down the beach from BB you will find a small shack called Cus' and you will get the best fish cutter (sandwich)
on the island, for about six bucks US with a beverage, the locals swear by it.
If you haven't booked your hotel yet check with BB for who does a stay and dive package with them.
Plan to go to Oistens (a fishing village) for Friday night fish fry, they are open all week
but Friday night is most entertaining. Best place and prices for trinkets also. More food than you can finish for about fourteen bucks US.
Try the Banks beer local and apparently good, also do a tour of theMountgay rum factory and try a few types.
If you are looking for some nightlife got to Harbour lights, one night a week they do a dinner show.
St Lawrence gap is where most of the bars are.
The Crane beach is a must visit, sand like talcum powder and great boogie boarding.
Rent a car, you can about drive around the whole island with stops of interest and photos
in one day. People are super friendly Bus fares are Two dollars Bajan.
Make sure you order some Barbados money from your bank. Get a red cap to assist you at the airport
on arrival to expedite going through security, costs Two dollars Barbados per bag but you are much less
likely to get searched. Cab fares are displayed out where you catch them, airport to south coast hotels about
thirty five dollars Barbados.
Anything else you want to know PM me.
and have a great time.

Thanks Hawkwood, I think thats where we will head.

Jeeptrick that was an awesome post, thanks so much. Really looking forward to the trip.

Cheers

St. Nicholas Abby
Animal Flower Cave
Harrison's Cave
Sunday Buffet Lunch at the Crane

Top tourist spots imo. Mt. Gay Rum...it was ok. Don't go to the Foursquare factory.

I drove everywhere, either take a GPS (get Bajan maps for free) or rent one. And ask how to navigate a 2 lane roundabout!!!!!!!!!

Bridgetown is a cruise ship port, enough said. We liked the Holetown area.

Hey Interceptor I looked it up and looks like the water temp averages 28 degrees celsius or 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Sounds pretty good to me.

And Mikeycanuk thanks for the tips, still thinking about renting a car.

Cheers

Hey Interceptor I looked it up and looks like the water temp averages 28 degrees celsius or 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Sounds pretty good to me.

And Mikeycanuk thanks for the tips, still thinking about renting a car.

Cheers

Seems a bit high for December? Where did you get the info?

Thanks for that
I think those are surface temperatures probably at depth will be a bit less
Still fairly warm though
I usually email the dive shop just a few days before I leave to make sure I pack the correct suit!

Back
Top Bottom