Barbados Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedAggie03

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We just landed here in Barbados last night. So will be somewhat of an active trip log. I have contacted Roger's Scuba Shack and Barbados Blue to make diving plans. I need to find a company that will let me bring along my fiancee for a discovery dive.

We are staying in an apartment very near Miami beach. Since we are not in a resort style hotel, I'm finding it hard to figure things out...Like cabs. They had a hard time finding the place last night, so I think I'd like to get a regular guy that we can use for the whole trip. Does anyone know of anyone that is near Miami beach that could be our regular cab driver?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Day two...No diving yet. Seems everything is closed here on Sundays for the most part. I did find the offices of The Dive Shop and Eco Dive. I can just catch the #11 bus from my apartment up the road and get off near the Texaco near Carlisle beach, costs $0.75...nice. I e-mailed 4 shops and got a reply from The Dive Shop LTD. The shop looks real nice from the outside and they have a nice website, so I'm going to give them a try tomorrow. Oh, and someone on here mentioned "ask for Haroon"...Well, he passed away in 2009. :(

I also think I'm going to do my advanced open water cert while I'm here. I figure I have all week to finish it, why not? :D

Do I need to get the book and take the class on-line or something before going to the dive shop?

Thanks!

I did my first reef dive today here in Barbados. I went with The Dive Shop LTD. and I'm pretty happy with my experience. The shop had a small fire in the office a few weeks ago, so they were in the process of cleaning up and fixing everything. The boat was big and nice! I was actually the only one to go out on the 12:30 boat, so I got a private dive with the instructor. The reef was nice (and big!). Overall, very happy! This was the first dive of my advanced certification. I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. I got the book now and I need to read up on all the sections!

Anyway, to the important part!

IMG_5202.jpg

and even more important, here is a video from the dive. I'm sure this is uber beginner for most of you video guys, but this is my first attempt at using a camera under water. CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR VIDEO!

I have completed 5 dives now and I've finished my advanced cert :thumbs-up

Let me exit some photos and video and get them online for ya'll.

I want to thank John and the guys at the Dive Shop LTD. I had a great time and was very happy with the whole experience.

More later!

One of the other great things that happened on our trip was getting to see baby turtles hatch and run to the water. Such an amazing experience. Expecially since I got to see many full grown turtles on my dives with John.

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom