Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JONATHAN A

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm off to Barbados tomorrow and hope to get a couple of days diving in during my stay. I've checked a few of the previous threads here and just wanted to know if anyone had any experience of Westside scuba ? As I'm staying at Payne's Bay I'd really like to use a decent diveshop in this area and Westside seems to pretty well placed. Anyone have any comments suggestions ?
Cheers
Jonathan

...when I was there last January. A funky little shop a little ways out of town (we were there on a cruise ship) who would pick up and drop off for free. Nice guys, small open native built boat that you wade out to from the beach front dive shop.

John Moore is the owner/operator of the shop and driver of the bus... They used to have a web site, but I don't find it with a Google search. Check the Rodales site under "trips" and "Barbados" and you will see a reference for this shop.

Hope this is some small help!

We used West Side for a day about 5 years ago. It was OK but kind of a cattle boat, boarding from in the surf at the beach. As I recall it was a bit pricey at about US$ 70 per tank. We did get to dive the wreck of Stavronikita, which is worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom