BARE ATR Light or HD??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey SCoobie
DId you find out when your suit is coming in?? I wanna know what you think about it. I'm gona take my dry suit course first then I'll make a decisicon as to which suit I'm gonna get. The difference in price for the ATr HD and Light is around $175.00. But I would also like to add on the optional dry glue system and pee valve. Also Anyone with a Bare suit. Can the dump valve be relocated from the upper arm to a wrist valve?

How do they seal the hole on the upper arm? Do you know anyone that has had this done?

taat2d once bubbled...
How do they seal the hole on the upper arm? Do you know anyone that has had this done?

I didnt really get into that.I imagine that they just patch the old hole.Im gonna keep an eye out for a nice patch that i can use to cover the patched hole after i have mine done.Im not really in a big hurry to get it done as my suit has the dump valve positioned almost on the back of my arm making it pretty good to dump air in a horizontal position.I still like the idea of a forearm dump and the ease of just raising your arm to dump air.

I have a Bare ATR HD and it's an amazing suit! like buddy above - it's damn near bullet-proof

I did get the Cuffrings installed when they made my suit - very nicely done, my Si-Tech gloves fit Perfectly.

There is an option for differnent Inlet/exaust placement on Bare Drysuit - my chart has 4 options:

A: Inlet center chest, exhaust left forarm
B: Inlet center chest, exhaust left chest
C: Exhaust center chest, inlet directly below
D: Inlet center chest, exhaust left biceps

I went with D.

I went with the ATR HD as my LDS gave me an amazing deal (Suit, dryhood, Drygloves) that even BEAT Leisurepro prices.

Very very happy with this purchase.

Willer

I am thinking of buying one of these suits online. so I will
not get a chance to try it for size. In your experience would
you say that a given size is larger than stated in the official
measurements or smaller (ie, are the sizes generous or not?).
I am trying to decide whether to order an L or an XL.

Thanks, Tom

tstiemerling once bubbled...
...I will not get a chance to try it for size...

Why not just order two (or even three) sizes, try them on, and send back the one that doesn't fit? I don't have an LDS and do this all the time. It costs a little to ship things back, but it's a lot more convenient than driving a long distance to try things on and then paying full retail.

PS I hear drysuits from Leisure Pro are SPECIAL order, not stock, and NON RETURNABLE! You might want to check on that first!

LOL...... Scoobie :D
Very true about LP's dry suits. Being that I live only about 30-40 mintues I went there to try on some drysuits. When I got there they told me they had I think 2 7mm neoprene drysuits. I asked about the Bare suits and they told me every one MUST be ordered. I asked them if they do measurments and they said no, you have to give them the size you need. Then I asked if the suit doesn't fit what is your return policy and they told me that under no circumstance will they take back a dry suit for ANY reason. NOw this is what I was told from the horses mouth. Anyone know of LP taking back suits and reordering a different size if it don't fit?:confused: :eek:

Anyone seeking a Bare drysuit, contact these guys. I got super service and a great price on my BARE ATR Light. Heck, the guys even drive into USA to ship it to me so I could have it in time for my drysuit course! Talk about SERVICE!

Contact Northern Tech Divers in Ontario, Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom