Bare Elastek size question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briefer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I want to buy one 5mm Bare Elastek suit, but I don't have a retailer close by to try it. So I will have to order it by size chart.

Is it better to go for a silightly tight fit, isn't it?

I weight 87Kg, Height 180cm, Chest 110cm, and Waist and Hip 100cm. Will be L size be the right for me?

how is the Torso measured?

wetsuits-drysuits-mens-header.ashx

wetsuits-drysuits-mens-chart.ashx

Thank you!

It wants to fit with a slight hint of compression, like a second skin. It must not be baggy anywhere. That being said it does not want to restrict your chest when you breathe and you need a full range of motion. There are online sources that will sell you multiple suits and accept unused returns, some even pay the return shipping!

Large looks very promising but charts don't always tell the full story of the human form. Muscular build and torso length are 2 things that frequently creep into the mix.

Pete

My Bare suits (7mm Elastek, 3/2mm Velocity) are very true to size. I would think the LARGE is the best choice, given the options.

Hi Briefer

According to the chart, which is pretty accurate, you would be very comfortable in a large. The one measurement that concerns me is the chest but with the little extra play in height/weight I think the large will fit you just fine. Our Torso measurement is one of the more difficult measurements to get correctly. If you look at the chart below it is measurement S. It goes from the shoulder seam to the crotch.

Attachments

• Measurement Section.jpg
    Measurement Section.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 228
Got it. It fits like a glove :wink:

The quality of the suit is fantastic! I cannot wait to wet it on July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom