Bare Nex Gen Drysuit vs Wetsuit For Texas + Vacation Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing to consider is a used dry suit. I bought one on this board for about what I would pay for a quality 5mm at my LDS.

actually, atlas, thats what i'm looking at. found a nearly-new bare nexgen in my size with shoulder straps for $700. and since bare's warranty is fully transformable, i might pull the trigger!! is there a way to thouroughly clean/sterilize a trilam suit inside and out?

whats the likelyhood that bare will drop the MSRP on their trilams in the next 1-2 years? cause if its quite unlikely, then might just go drysuit-poor and enjoy the intervening dives. the only dive i have comming up that would be outside this suits range of 40-70 is a liveboard in fiji this march @ 82. so, maybe i just grab a cheap shorty for that trip and any other (rare) tropical vacations i can get away to :)

anybody know a good drysuit tech in the austin-san antonio area with a good deal on p-valves (bare or oms)?

also, i do tend to sweat a bit with any exhertion, so whatever i wear as an undergarmet has to be cheap and breathable. thanks for the converse sneakers idea, i could pick some up at buffalo exchange for $5 probably (gotta love those hipsters)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom