Basic Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReelDuel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I do lots of research before I do anything. I have found that the Force fins are the best you can get. Most LDS say the are a bunch of crap but heck they also told me that about the Hydro Optics mask I purchased for my wife. SHE loves it... And we were just certified OWS this past Jan.

My question I need to ask do these fins require more force than a split fin by the other manufactures?? From what I have read the FORCE helps in all areas. It is just a matter of geting the right size to fit the boots you want to wear while using the fins. :coffee:

depends on the split fins that you are comparing to. For instance, the sherwood trek fins are so "noodly" that they suck. I liked my scubapro twin jet black material and harder compound which took more effort. Tusa xpert zooms are good,too.

I haven't tried the force fin originals because I have the extra and excellerating fin. I can almost guarantee that they are much easier to kick than the scubapro twin jet and the zoom fins.

I do lots of research before I do anything. I have found that the Force fins are the best you can get. Most LDS say the are a bunch of crap but heck they also told me that about the Hydro Optics mask I purchased for my wife. SHE loves it... And we were just certified OWS this past Jan.

My question I need to ask do these fins require more force than a split fin by the other manufactures?? From what I have read the FORCE helps in all areas. It is just a matter of geting the right size to fit the boots you want to wear while using the fins. :coffee:

First, welcome to the family, I assure you that your research is correct and once you have them you will quickly love them.

As for Force. the point of ForceFins is that they don't require heavy work loads to get your desired output. The only fins on the market that I have ever thought were mildly comparible were the Apollo Bio-fins and the Atomic Splits. There are some new ones that I haven't tried that I understand are pretty good as well, but back to ForceFIns.

The Original fin and the Pro's are not mearly entry level fins. They are do-it-all fins. As far as workload, I would say that they are actually easier to use than splits. With both you'll have to use a higher kick frequency than comparible paddles, but the effort level is lower and therefore is very easy to maintain for a long period of time,

as for sizing, unless you have really big feet >11.5 and want to wear really heavy soled boots, fit is not an issue. The issue that the previous poster is having is that he has 14 feet and wants to wear boots that have a tennis shoe sole on them. Normally he would wear a XXL (as I do) but that boot is simply too thick. and the 3XL is not exactly a linear step up from XXL, as it is fitted for wader boots. If you wear a normal boot fitting isn't an issue.

ReelDuel
Research is always good, but remember nothing beats practical use! Force Fin offers a 30 day no questions asked return policy. If you buy the fins from Force Fin dive them as much as you can for 30 days and if not satisfied return the fins.
So Depending on your size , physical shape and conditions you are diving in you most likely will choose between the Originals Force Fin: Force Fin
and Pro Force Fin Pro Force Fin: Force Fin The Force Fins do not require any more Force to kick than spilt fins so that should not be a concern. Sizing Force Fins Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart
is easy and can solve a lot of problems if you are diving wet ( neoprene boots), drysuit and sometimes Tropical because you can use a sizing instep to help fitting your foot with different diving set ups. Good Luck with your choice and thanks for your interest!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom