Bauer Capitano pumping very slow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get an IR gun and check each cylinder...post the temperatures, when it has run a good long time, note the hottest spot you can find on each stage and ambient temperature, ask here for somebody with the same compressor for their numbers. One running too hot, intake valve of the next cylinder leaking back. Just not enough to pop the over pressure valve.

90% it is valves, rings may be finished at 4200 hours, (Likely not done at last major rebuild if it NOW has 4200.

You still have not told us a history of the problem. Did it just start doing this one day ? Or did it get worse over time...Worse over time, consider rings, just started one day, valves.

PLEASE NOTE...
With the crankcase breather still releasing blow by into the first stage you will not feel any buildup at the oil fill, that is one of the reasons it is there. Sorry again posting late, I forgot to mention that you must plug the case breather before trying blow by test, or if convenient, you USE the crankcase breather as the tap for you blow by test.

Can do on my Poseidon which is similar to your bauer, coltri has a tap and easy to plug the breather and my K-14 is a bitch, it is behind the fan !

Whatever it is, don`t sweat it, these things are remarkably easy to fix. It is the accessories like auto drains and electronic controls that drive me nuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom