Bay of Fundy conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be back home for a few weeks next summer and want to get a few dives in. I've set up a couple with my parents' neighbors in the Cornwall, Ont area, but I'll be spending a week in NB and was wondering what conditions are like in the Bay of Fundy in July?

Temp, vis, currents, surge, etc...

Hey Koozemani, can give you some info for the southern end, New River Beach, Beaver Harbor & Deer Island. (All temps in Fahrenheit) July water temps are in the mid 40s, vis is anywhere from 5' to 20'. The sites I mentioned are all shore dives. Surge in July is not an issue. Currents at the first 2 sites are mild and are diveable during any tide.
Deer Island is quite another story, drift dives are possible before the low slack, and there is diving on the high and low slack. It is considered by many to be the best shore dive location in the maritimes.
(IT IS ALSO THE MOST DANGEROUS) Currents can be extreme, and unforgiving. But the marine life is abundant, and the vis is generally very good.
Do not do any of the dives there without a guide.

I can give you more info if you like.

Hope this helps.

Hey Koozemani, can give you some info for the southern end, New River Beach, Beaver Harbor & Deer Island. (All temps in Fahrenheit) July water temps are in the mid 40s, vis is anywhere from 5' to 20'. The sites I mentioned are all shore dives. Surge in July is not an issue. Currents at the first 2 sites are mild and are diveable during any tide.
Deer Island is quite another story, drift dives are possible before the low slack, and there is diving on the high and low slack. It is considered by many to be the best shore dive location in the maritimes.
(IT IS ALSO THE MOST DANGEROUS) Currents can be extreme, and unforgiving. But the marine life is abundant, and the vis is generally very good.
Do not do any of the dives there without a guide.

I can give you more info if you like.

Hope this helps.

you lost me at mid 40s. Thanks for the info.

Come on, where is your sense of adventure. It was 52 deg two weeks ago, and in May it is around 37 deg. Sorry forgot to mention it is mostly dry suit diving.

If you change your mind, let me know.

I prefer warm water dives myself, but cold is the only water we have here.

Drysuits are for other people, I draw the line at my 5mm. I'll get some dives in around Cornwall, Ont. during the same trip, eh

So no January dive either, So sad.
Y'all are welcome to come up to "the great white north" any time. Just don't forget your snowshoes, and Polar bear spray. LOL. Oh and some beer, eh.

Attachments

• Tommys Crop.jpg
    Tommys Crop.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 142
Ice diving actually looks fun to me. Although, now that I have this bone disease my joints aren't all that happy about cold. I wear a wetsuit at the pool everyday and come home to sit in hot water for 30 minutes afterwards to loosen up.
I'd still be game to try!

Back
Top Bottom