Bbp???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottmc

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We did a dive at Big Bay point last night and seems someone is hard at work to remove all the lines, even left a big ball of the line that was removed for everyone to see. Who ever is doing is please stop or come forward with your name so we the divers can talk about your problem. A lot of work was put into this to help new divers work on their skills and other divers work on tech skills. Lets be clear do you really want some diver to get lost and surface in the open water to get hit by a boat, by removing the lines you are making it more dangerous. I see no gain in making such a mess of something so many enjoy.

Hello

Thats a shame. I've only been to BBp three times and found the line very helpfull. I was there this past saturday and there was a huge scuba class there no parking to be found anywere so I parked up the road and walked down. I talked to a few of the students and instructors there and they mentioned that a few advanced rebreather divers were there moving the line further out under water. I'm not sure if they are responsible for the cut line but I hope they or some one else with the skills will re install new line.

Have a great day

Look for a user called Jurrasicdiver on this board. There was a big long thread as to why she was removing the line, but it looks like it has been deleted.

I never had a chance to read that thread but maybe they are the same people who keep cutting and re arangeing the line out to the Morrison. I hope some good deader goes out and strings a new line at BBP soon.

I know the advanced Rebreather guys and they are the guys that are running lines to help make it interesting and seems someone wants to take that away. Going there tonight so can give you an update.

scubawithme:
maybe they are the same people who keep cutting and re arangeing the line out to the Morrison. I hope some good deader goes out and strings a new line at BBP soon.

The more common issue with the Morrison is boats dragging their anchors across the line and either breaking it pulling the anchor loose, or just moving it around. I think my second or third trip there, we saw an anchor (with boat attached) a few feet upwind of the line. We lifted his anchor and moved it across the line, so it wouldn't snag when he hauled it. We thought of towing it for a bit, but decided we shouldn't.

Sorry wasn't me who cut the lines I was just jokeing with you divers earlier and I'm smarter than that and find the lines very helpful. Chances are the rebreather divers moved in and tried to take over the site to create a teck training guide line system for them selves so it seems who ever they are they need to be scolded and given a stern warning personally face to face. If they need a line that goes half way across the lake in deeper water why didn't they start a new line from the sunken boat or something and leave the sport training line alone.

Jurrasic I find your story hard to digest. I do recall your story about threating to cut the lines for many days becasue you put it there at one point and that BBp was becomming a dumping site.

Back
Top Bottom