Bbp???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds like those counter lung divers where at it again and its to bad they won't spend any money to replace the original yellow line they removed from the mail box down to the 80' log that had the flag.

JD

Excellent question. I'm sure there are a lot of local divers who would love to have a word with this person.

Why people would want to mess around and destroy a perfectly good training site is beyond me. Adding additional line is fine, but why remove it? Is there someone involved in the removal that could even anonymously enlighten us to their logic? I need a good chuckle on a Sunday evening.

The lines that were down there where a dangerous calamity of loose entanglement waiting to create an accident. The lines need to be tight and fixed to proper mooring blocks not floating loosely in the water. There's not much any one can do now as the dirty deed or good deed as some would say is done and even if you new who this person or persons were there is little you could do as the lines should never of been placed down there in the first place. For 20 years divers have been diving BBP with out it and its just recently that a line was laid out. If you divers need a line to give you confidence and sence of security simply put one back but do it correctly with a 5/8" line.

JD

LOL... ok... I don't seem to recall any line being a problem at Big Bay Point. That is, until the recent Great Line Cutting Mystery.. I hope someone catches whoever is doing this. It's not fair to anyone~ Whether they need the line, or not.

Jurrasicdiver:
The lines that were down there where a dangerous calamity of loose entanglement waiting to create an accident. The lines need to be tight and fixed to proper mooring blocks not floating loosely in the water. There's not much any one can do now as the dirty deed or good deed as some would say is done and even if you new who this person or persons were there is little you could do as the lines should never of been placed down there in the first place. For 20 years divers have been diving BBP with out it and its just recently that a line was laid out. If you divers need a line to give you confidence and sence of security simply put one back but do it correctly with a 5/8" line.

JD

The line at the begining of this year was fine, sure it probably needed to be tightened up a bit in a few spots and maybe some extra stakes, but all in all it wasn't bad. Whoever has been messing with it is really doing a dis-service to new divers. That line gives students out for their first few dives a reference point and an element of confidence. We all know that it's a major training spot why mess with it? Sure students need to learn navigation skills too, but cutting the lines is not the way to do it. I would say that I'm going out to install a new line paid for with my money to make things easier, but it would just end up getting cut. Pretty sad people.

They hadn't really needed to... The one that WAS there did just fine... I know a couple of people that have laid new line, only for it to be cut again. There are also people willing to pay for line and run it, but are worried about the same consequences.

Jurrasicdiver:
Sorry wasn't me who cut the lines I was just jokeing with you divers earlier and I'm smarter than that and find the lines very helpful. Chances are the rebreather divers moved in and tried to take over the site to create a teck training guide line system for them selves so it seems who ever they are they need to be scolded and given a stern warning personally face to face. If they need a line that goes half way across the lake in deeper water why didn't they start a new line from the sunken boat or something and leave the sport training line alone.
Was this you that originally said the lines were useful?? and now you say they are not?? your credibility is gone JD..

I must of kicked your kidney stone there Simcoe diver. As a professional diver Yes I personally think those loose floating lines should all be removed as they only provide a snag point for boat anchors, fishing lines and seasonal divers to get fouled up in. If you think the lines are necessary than simply go out spend your own money on new line and lay it out.

JD:mooner:

Back
Top Bottom