BC Knife - where to mount on a Sherwood BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have just bought a Sherwood Tortoga BC & am looking to attach a small knife. I am interested to know about thoughts on where & how to mount a BC knife.

My BC has one grommet on the left pocket designed for the AKONA knife. The knife I like has two screws in the back. I am having emotional difficulty putting a hole in my brand new BC!!! but know I have to to mount the knife.

I have already had the debates about other knife choices & have decided that this is way I want to go!

Share your thoughts & experiences (on mounting a knife to your BC).

Andrew

ANDREW, I too had the same delema. I bought a wnoka knife (EZ -LOCK) and cut off the latch mecanisium put a couple of o-rings on the handle for friction and wala the knife stays put just fine. Then I used one stainless flat self tapping screw 1/2" and inserted the sheef and centered it to the gromit and ran the screw in using a drill/driver and there is your fix, clean set up and right there when you need it. one o-ring worked well I just put two on incase one broke.

As a general recommendation, it's wise to consider putting the knife where it can be accessed/retrieved with either hand (easily, without fear of loss).

My BC is a Sherwood Axis, I'm pretty familiar with the Tortuga as well.
I've slipped my knife on the shoulder strap using a webbing sheath.

Can you tell us what knife you have exactly?

Back
Top Bottom