BCD problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you use a crotch strap as well? Does it bother you?

I have one on my BP&W and I have to say no it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The lack of one on the jacket type that I did my OW course in did bother me though (I carrying a bit too much round the middle so if the waist strap moves up off the widest bit it is moving all the way up on a standard BCD).

If you use conventional weight belt then you have to find out if you want to wear it over or under the crotch strap.
I wear it under the crotch strap. A bit time consuming to dump it in emergency but not impossible.

not using a crotch strap is not a question for me. I hate not having one, underwater it's pretty inconsequential, but at the surface it is thoroughly obnoxious to have the bc riding up. With a crotch strap, the only strap that has to be tight is the waist strap. The crotch will prevent the rig from riding up towards your head, and the shoulder straps will keep the rig from riding too far down, but are loose enough to get a full fist comfortably under each shoulder strap. Without a crotch strap the shoulders have to be cinched down to keep the rig from moving around and it's very uncomfortable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom