Beaver Lake Clarity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basscat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Curious about how the water clarity is at Beaver. Anybody up for some weekday dives at North Damsite Shore Park sometime in the next few weeks?

Weekends there can be pretty brutal with crowds, but maybe Sunday the 30th?

Hey I might... I'm in Bonaire :D for a week starting next Sat., and will most likely be depressed for several weeks after I get back :depressed:... It might be good to get some bottom time before the trip if there's time hmmm... :hm:

Last weekend viz was 15-20', No joke! Locals said it viz was about the best the.y had ever seen it.

Just got back from there...Below the thermocline vis was around 20'! Just FYI bottom temp at 70' was 47.

I was there the last two weekends. Last weekend it was clear (say 20' of viz) above about 28' and then cleared up again at about 40'. 63 degrees at 40'. This weekend more like 10' above the thermocline but once you hit 40' it was a good 20' maybe more.

Dove out at the Bluffs this weekend. Unfortunately, I think the visibility has dropped some. It seemed to only be 10-15'. I noticed the lake level has dropped a few feet in the last couple of weeks also. I wonder if they are running water through the dam. That would certainly lower the visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom