Beaver Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ks Bob

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Going to Beaver Lake this weekend (5/12-5/14) for AOW. Anyone dive there recently with a report on conditions?

Ks Bob

yeah i second the question...The wife and I are thinking of heading over for memorial weekend, to Beaver or Table Rock.

My daughter and I dove at Beaver 2 weeks ago. the water was 64 and the vis was 15 to 20 feet.

Thanks for the report, has anyone seen what the recent storms have done to vis? I am sure hoping that the reain will hold off around a week from now until after Memorial weekend.. :D

Dove Beaver last weekend (5/5 & 5/6). Rained all day Saturday on us, but cleared for night dive and for diving Sunday. Temp was 64 surface, 50 at 78 ft. Cleared down past 35 ft than above. Rain really didn't muck it up hardly at all.

MO Diver:
Dove Beaver last weekend (5/5 & 5/6). Rained all day Saturday on us, but cleared for night dive and for diving Sunday. Temp was 64 surface, 50 at 78 ft. Cleared down past 35 ft than above. Rain really didn't muck it up hardly at all.

+1 on the conditions. Haven't been there since DUI Dog Days, but they seem to be constant this time of year. Also, Mike from Aqua-F/X here in Springfield goes down there quite a bit. You can always email him through his website www.aqua-fx.com to find out if he's been down there and what the conditions were.

Hello - I am a new ScubaBoard member in SW Oklahoma. My wife and i would like to try Beaver Lake for the first time this week. What is a very nice place to stay in Eureka Springs or nearby with fairly close access to the dam/lake site (<30 min preferably)? Also, what are the current conditions there?
Many thanks and glad to be aboard,
Dick
Lawton, OK
RECMSOJ@OnlineOK.com

SCUBAGasDoc:
Hello - I am a new ScubaBoard member in SW Oklahoma. My wife and i would like to try Beaver Lake for the first time this week. What is a very nice place to stay in Eureka Springs or nearby with fairly close access to the dam/lake site (<30 min preferably)? Also, what are the current conditions there?
Many thanks and glad to be aboard,
Dick
Lawton, OK
RECMSOJ@OnlineOK.com

Hi, you can check out Beaver Lake's informational page on http://www.lakediver.com, click on the dive map, then click on Arkansas, then Beaver Lake. Also a few other lakes in that area worth diving. :D

New to the site too... But I dive Beaver all the time. There is a hotel about 5 mins away from many of the popular dive spots (near the dam). The place is called Pointe West. Not anywhere near a 5 star but it works and the view is awesome! It's also right down from C&J dive shop. Jim runs the shop, just ask him where to dive. Great guy.

I was there a couple weeks ago and the vis wasn't that bad at the Bluffs (Popular spot). I'd say at 0-20 you're looking at 15 ft. with the first thermocline around 22ft. Around 100ft the vis was great and it was still light!

Enjoy.

Beaver is awesome right now...we had 25ft vis last weekend. God, I hope it lasts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom