Becoming a Divemaster on a Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiltGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any liveaboards in Thailand where you can complete your Divemaster?

Thanx in advance

KiltGirl :11ztongue

Generally you will need to do your divemaster course before you go to work on a liveaboard. If you're up scotland way and have a while before you go out there then you could complete the dmt in scotland, I know a very good dive centre where you are that you could contact to do this.

Another alternative could be to do your dmt out in thailand and then get work subsequently on a liveaboard. If you look at doing this it might be a good idea to contact on here some of the people on scubaboard working on the west coast such as around Phuket area. I think Stevenl (username) might be able to give you some good guidance. If you want details of dive entres on the gulf islands I can give you some names and contact details. It would be better though to do the dmt in the phuket area as you will be able to make contacts more easily in connection to the liveaboards.

If there's any other details you need to know send me a pm.

cheers,

Greg

KiltGirl:
Does anyone know of any liveaboards in Thailand where you can complete your Divemaster?

Thanx in advance

KiltGirl :11ztongue

I had found one I considered last year, Warm Water Divers I believe. I was to go on a minimum of one and maybe two livaboard trips. Don't have the link on this computer, but a web search should yield it...

What you could do is a combination of East Coast & west Coast. Start your DM Course in Koh Tao & then finish it off in Khao Lak. Try Coral Grand Divers they have centres in both places & a very nice liveaboard operating the Similans. Check out www.coralgranddivers.com or write to info@queenscuba.com to get your prices.
Great idea- best of both worlds!

Captain Cho:
What you could do is a combination of East Coast & west Coast. Start your DM Course in Koh Tao & then finish it off in Khao Lak. Try Coral Grand Divers they have centres in both places & a very nice liveaboard operating the Similans. Check out www.coralgranddivers.com or write to info@queenscuba.com to get your prices.
Great idea- best of both worlds!

Hi Captain Cho

Have you dived with Coral Grand?
They are going to be at the Dive Show in Birmingham UK, at the end of October, so planning on chatting to them then.

Thanks

KiltGirl

Yes, some operators will offer you to do your DM on a liveaboard. That does mean though, that most of the excerises will be imitations, not real life. And I think you learn a lot from real life. Go along and assist with an Open Water Course, with a DSD, with an AOW (possible on a liveaboard), and work along together with the rest of the DM's on a DC, where the work has a lot more variation and you will learn a lot more than on a liveaboard.

So I really do think Dorsetboy is right, simply do your DM at a DC, and if you want you can finish the course on a liveaboard. And then there are plenty of options where to do the course. If you know what you want, let me know and I can give you some contact details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom