Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My si tech valves leaked after 50-60 dives.
My current apex valves have 150 ish dives on them always open never leaked once.
Much much happier with the apex.
I’m sure your replacement will be fine

No, the replacement Apeks valve was NOT fine. Got in on a pool session today. Nothing was coming out of the valve. It didn’t give the very audible “clack” sound when you depress the valve to manually work it. It also moved very little when the valve was depressed.

I took it off the suit as soon as I got home and the plastic retaining ring at the bottom of the outside of the valve fell off. I put the old, leaking valve back on my suit. Clacks just fine and has a nice range of motion when depressed. For a while I can deal with a bit of water inside my suit until this gets solved with DUI.

IMG_5587.jpeg
IMG_5586.jpeg

No, the replacement Apeks valve was NOT fine. Got in on a pool session today. Nothing was coming out of the valve. It didn’t give the very audible “clack” sound when you depress the valve to manually work it. It also moved very little when the valve was depressed.

I took it off the suit as soon as I got home and the plastic retaining ring at the bottom of the outside of the valve fell off. I put the old, leaking valve back on my suit. Clacks just fine and has a nice range of motion when depressed. For a while I can deal with a bit of water inside my suit until this gets solved with DUI.

View attachment 643310 View attachment 643311

do you have the apeks valve tool? I find when my dui comes back from service (worn zippers) i need to give the valve a little torque. I do prefer sitek valves. Many more dives before leaks. I have a drawer of questionable apeks.

I’m going to ask if DUI will send a SiTech valve.

View attachment 643310 View attachment 643311

That sucks.
you have the worst luck

That sucks.
you have the worst luck

Sure do. Now I'm trying to determine if the SiTech valves have the same diameter as the Apeks low profile so I can just drop it in without having to do anything to my suit.

I just said screw it and ordered the SiTech valve from NESS. I've got an ice diving class in two weeks and I'd prefer to be dry.

Back
Top Bottom