Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whose boat is that? That setup may work really well for my future dive op. I'd like to ask them more about it.
That would be mine. Feel free to ask away. I know the lady that built it.

I’ll be doing MX wet. Shocked that I found a 5mm in my size at LeisurePro (excuse me Scuba.com). I really don’t want to trust my pretty purple drysuit to the airlines. Will be taking my Nomad XT. Overkill for AL80s, but as my WI instructor says, I know where everything is and it fits me. No need to complicate things. I have two AL80s that I’ve got SM valves on order from DGX that I’ll take out to the quarry when the water warms up some. Talking with MX instructor (Alessandra Figari) tonight. We’ve already chatted some on FB.

Southwest flies direct into Cancun from ORD and there are some non-stops. More expensive but less hassle. I’ll get business select class if I can. I’m a minimal packer usually but I’ve never flown with dive gear before.

AL80s in the quarry up there are not going to be the same as AL80s in a wetsuit in warm water. So unless you are hopping in the quarry in your wetsuit, it will still be an all new experience in MX. :)

AL80s in the quarry up there are not going to be the same as AL80s in a wetsuit in warm water. So unless you are hopping in the quarry in your wetsuit, it will still be an all new experience in MX. :)

I will be hopping in the quarry in my wetsuit and AL80s. That’s why I have to wait for the water to warm up some. It’s still 50 at 20ft!

I’ll be doing MX wet. Shocked that I found a 5mm in my size at LeisurePro (excuse me Scuba.com). I really don’t want to trust my pretty purple drysuit to the airlines. Will be taking my Nomad XT. Overkill for AL80s, but as my WI instructor says, I know where everything is and it fits me. No need to complicate things. I have two AL80s that I’ve got SM valves on order from DGX that I’ll take out to the quarry when the water warms up some. Talking with MX instructor (Alessandra Figari) tonight. We’ve already chatted some on FB.

Southwest flies direct into Cancun from ORD and there are some non-stops. More expensive but less hassle. I’ll get business select class if I can. I’m a minimal packer usually but I’ve never flown with dive gear before.
I usually just do first class into cancun. You get two 70 pound bags that way. Makes packing a non issue. You renting a car or taking a colectivo?

I usually just do first class into cancun. You get two 70 pound bags that way. Makes packing a non issue. You renting a car or taking a colectivo?

No clue on that yet. You get two free bags with Southwest. They fly from ORD which is 30 minutes from me. Don’t have to drive an hour or more to Midway.

This is what I do. 70 lb bags are so much easier to work with.

I would suggest a rental car or the ADO bus.

No clue on that yet. You get two free bags with Southwest. They fly from ORD which is 30 minutes from me. Don’t have to drive an hour or more to Midway.

I didn't know that Southwest started flying out of ORD until now.

This is what I do. 70 lb bags are so much easier to work with.

I would suggest a rental car or the ADO bus.

I didn't know that Southwest started flying out of ORD until now.

Instructor’s shop is in Playa del Carmen. Not sure where I’ll be staying. We’re talking tonight.

Instructor’s shop is in Playa del Carmen. Not sure where I’ll be staying. We’re talking tonight.

I stay in an AirBnB in PDC near the Ferry Terminal area. It is a tourist area so there is minimal crime and heavy police presence. And I can walk to various places for food, but I can always use my rental car to drive to other places like the grocery store.

Note that you CANNOT take luggage on a collectivo. They will ask you to get off if you have anything you can't set it on your lap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom