Beer in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warehouse supermarket had some delicious-sounding german and belgium 12 packs.....but I wasn't buying them for $50+. wtf

I stuck with vodka on my trip :D

I was at the brewery in town yesterday and they had quite a nice selection of cans and bottles. Including a bunch from Stone brewing in Ca. I was surprised. Great lunch there too!

Sounds like good beers are no longer that hard to find on Bonaire, even in restaurants. Good to know.

Still, when I'm in the tropics I find heavier beers difficult to drink. Light lager and the tropics just seem to go together. And wherever I am, I prefer to drink whatever is local. My go-to beer on Bonaire will probably remain Amstel. The small bottles are kind of cool, Bonaire is the Netherlands after all, and regular Amstel isn't sold in the US as far as I know. It's something I look forward to on Bonaire trips as being characteristic of Bonaire.

La Cantina has a nice selection of beers. Joe's restaurant also. The main issue with the IPAs in both of them is freshness (IPAs after 3 months - some may say even 3 weeks lose a lot of flavour) but that should be expected as they are imported. La Cantina had specially highly bitter beers so the loss of some due to time since bottling was not terrible.

IPAs are good for hot weather and unlike lagers have a good flavour. I understand that a stout or a belgium quad may not fit the local temperature.

Nevertheless, Joe's had La Trappe Quadruple. I imagine it may be harder to find in the USA and it is an excellent beer.

Amstel, of I'm having more than one down there, a nice IPA, or a Belgian, or a Stout as a nite cap.

La Cantina has a nice selection of beers. Joe's restaurant also. The main issue with the IPAs in both of them is freshness (IPAs after 3 months - some may say even 3 weeks lose a lot of flavour) but that should be expected as they are imported. La Cantina had specially highly bitter beers so the loss of some due to time since bottling was not terrible.

IPAs are good for hot weather and unlike lagers have a good flavour. I understand that a stout or a belgium quad may not fit the local temperature.

Nevertheless, Joe's had La Trappe Quadruple. I imagine it may be harder to find in the USA and it is an excellent beer.

Glad to hear you are finding something you like. Another spot that has some interesting beer selections is Het Consulaat.

As much as I like a good English ale on a cool autumn afternoon in a cold climate, I am like Lorenzoid and prefer a clear, frosty lager here in Bonaire. Not the watery, fizzy brews such as Bright or Polar but, good workaday drinks like Amstel or Heineken. Horses for courses!

But Bonaire, more and more, has something for everyone's taste.

There is a genuine brewery on the island. It is called Sugar Thief and is located on Kaya Inglatera. It is about a block or so from Divi Resort on Julio A. Abraham Blvd.
I was there just last week and the beers are really good. They tend to turn them over fast, so there is no telling what they will have on tap

There is a genuine brewery on the island. It is called Sugar Thief and is located on Kaya Inglatera. It is about a block or so from Divi Resort on Julio A. Abraham Blvd.
I was there just last week and the beers are really good. They tend to turn them over fast, so there is no telling what they will have on tap
It was mentioned in posts #7-8 above.

Just back from trip to BON and can recommend Bonaire Blond Brewery in town, for large beer selection, good food, nice back garden seating and attentive wait staff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom