Belgian newbie says hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love diving both Vodelée and La Gombe....we usually to Lillé in the morning have steak on stone for lunch and then head over to La Gombe....but because of the need for reservations at both places, diving there requires a bit more planning in advance than most of the other sites in the region.

Have you been to La Rochefontiane? or Villers-2-Eglisses? Lots of tech divers seem to like La Rocherontaine because it drops down below 50m in one area, and V-2-E is always interesting to dive.

La Roche doesn't require a reservation, nor does La Croissette (Vodecée). Lac de l'eau d'heur is always a good standby for bubble blowing time as it is easily accessible, inexpensive, and good for a wide range of abilities. Floreffe is another nice spot although it is relatively shallow...there is a glider and a cesna (I think it is a cesna) sunk in there. Dour is close to the house but rarely dive their....thought about joining the club that manages it which would make diving there free and provide me another option for filling my cylinders for free but I have not gotten around to it yet because of preoccupation with school.

Regarding your comments about DIR setup, I dive a single backmounted cylinder but have adopted the BP/W, long hose, and octo on a necklace because it made sense to me as well. I see lots of different configurations among the rec and tech divers at all the sites here in Belgium....as long as the setup makes sense and is functional for the diver and their buddy then its all good.

We will have break from class for a couple of weeks in March....if you would like to get together for a dive or a beer give me a shout.

-Z

Still a lot of dive sites to discover for me :)
I hope the club will put some nice spots on the agenda this year.

Welcome Ripley, nice to see you that you did find the right way that fast. :)

Just admit it. Nobody likes the cold dark water but we need a reason to go eat the steak/Pavé. :)

Cold water doesn't bother me. 2 weeks ago: water temp 7 degrees Celcius, 7mm wetsuit + Fourth Element layer (gosh I LOVE their warmth management line) and dry gloves... dive of 25 minutes. The only part I don't like? changing in the parking lot after the dive

Welcome aboard! I stubbornly ignored those “crazy tec” guys for years, but I’m starting to get the same itch for BP/W and GUE Fundies... the more you know. Haha.

Welcome aboard! I stubbornly ignored those “crazy tec” guys for years, but I’m starting to get the same itch for BP/W and GUE Fundies... the more you know. Haha.

Secretly looking forward to start the GUE Fundies one day but the buddy withholds it for now. First priority is buoyancy. Once that is mastered perfectly than he'll consider to enroll me for the Fundies. One advantage I have: the way he's training me now is the GUE way...

Sounds like you’ve got a decent mentor to learn from, you’ll continue to hone your skills with each new dive. Stay safe and within your limits, but get out there and enjoy diving!

Back
Top Bottom