Belize / Hamanasi or Turneffe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brilloNYC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

My wife and I are planning to go to Belize for 10 days and want to get in as much diving as possible. Both Hamanasi and Turneffe Lodge can fit in around 20 dives, but as of right now Hamanasi is much cheaper. Has anyone had any experience with either operation? If so please let me know if Turneffe is worth the extra money or if Hamanasi is a better deal.

Thanks!

Mike

Havn't stayed at either, but here's a few pics of the "elbow" Turneffe. :42:

Just got back from 9 days at Hamanasi...........incredible, awesome food, great great great staff, and you've got horseback riding and jungle tours to do also, which you won't have out on Turneffe. It's fun to ride bikes into Hopkins village, and see all the locals.

Unless you want to be trapped on a Atoll for a week with nothing to do but eat sleep dive, then Hamanasi is the best. Did I mention the GREAT staff? And AWESOME 5 star food? Stay on the mainland, and get into the jungle up to Caves Branch and the mayan temple tours.

thanks for the replies! My wife and I are booked for a 10 day stay at Hamanasi for mid November! Will post details once we get back.

I'd kill to be stuck out on an atoll with nothing to do but eat, sleep, dive, read a book, watch the birds, fish a little, repeat...:D

I can't reccommend the atolls of Belize enough. They are truly amazing. If you are a diver or just want to play giligan for a while, go. If you need conversation and don't care for your own company, I'd agree that you should look elsewhere.:shakehead

I stayed at Turneffe Lodge last summer..........awesome. The dive resort to which all others are compared. Primo....search my name and you'll find my review from last year. Outstanding!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom