Belize liveaboard dive trip video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video and really well edited. I especially like the additon of the drone footage. It adds a cool perspective. In fact I just posted a thread in the basic scuba forum with a video of a prototype that flys, float and dives.

Thanks for sharing. Can you share any details about the drone?

Last edited:
Nice. Particularly enjoyed the footage of the conch and the squid at night! Sure hope some of those sharks are still around. Belize allowed a shark cull. :(

Nice video and really well edited. I especially like the additon of the drone footage. It adds a cool perspective. In fact I just posted a thread in the basic scuba forum with a video of a prototype that flys, float and dives.

Thanks for sharing. Can you share any details about the drone?

Thanks CuzzA! The drone I used was the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I've since upgraded to the Phantom 3 and the Phantom 4 was just announced yesterday! These things are advancing quickly. But, the Phantoms are not water compatible! One that flys, floats and dives would be quite an advancement. I get very nervous flying over water!

I really like the added dimension the aerial footage adds to dive videos. Particularly in beautiful locations.

Yes, the ariel footage was awesome. Your UW footage was very good too. Very steady. Did you use a tripod or set your housing down in the sand ?

Nice. Particularly enjoyed the footage of the conch and the squid at night! Sure hope some of those sharks are still around. Belize allowed a shark cull. :(

Thanks! Up close the conch is a strange creature. I sequenced it so it would start off like what the hell is that before revealing the whole thing.

I hadn't heard about the shark cull. That's sad. I was diving for a week and didn't see many.

Yes, the ariel footage was awesome. Your UW footage was very good too. Very steady. Did you use a tripod or set your housing down in the sand ?

Appreciate your compliments. Yes, I use a tripod as much as possible. It's cumbersome and a pain, but the results are very nice. Sometimes there's no place to setup on a reef teaming with life. For those times I just try to be as steady as possible. But, there's really no way to get extended steady shots without a tripod. At least for me there isn't!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom