Beneath The Sea 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This info is not very clear on the web:

Public Safety Diver Seminars for Beneath the Sea 2007

Seminars will be held at the Holiday Inn in Seacaucus, NJ on Friday afternoon March 23 starting at 12 noon. Earlybird price is $35 per person until March 1 and then $50 per person. All tickets must be pre-purchased by 3/15, tickets will not be available for purchase at the door.

SUMMARY OF PUBLIC SAFETY WORKSHOP
Public Safety Workshop

Is safety a concern for your dive team? Is your dive team looking to upgrade
its equipment? Hear from some manufactures who are leaders in public safety
equipment.

Would you like to improve your dive team's capabilities? Would you like
input from experts on which equipment is appropriate for your needs and to
increase safety? Are you looking for funding ideas and information on
funding priorities?

Well, if you answer is yes to any of these questions then come join us as
three manufactures and a few public safety dive teams come together to
present this unique workshop. It will provide detailed product information
and answer many other questions you may have. It will also give you a chance
to network with fellow dive teams from the tri-state area.

Here is a brief outline of the presenters and the topics:

DUI: Exposure Protection for Public Safety Divers: Minimizing your risks
while accomplishing the mission. There will be information on
decontamination procedures as well as information on how to use current
funding priorities to get grants.

OTS: Using full face masks and communications to improve safety and to
increase efficiency

SubSalve: Using Specialty Lift bags for Specialty tasks such as lifting cars
and other large objects.

There will also be presentations from the FBI Underwater Investigative Unit
and their role as well as other large dive teams.

Activities will begin at 12 noon with DUI providing a light lunch for attendees and getting to know everyone. Presentations will run until about 4PM followed by time for questions and answers. Everything should wrap up in plenty of time take a bit of a break and then the BTS Exhibition Hall opens with over 300 exhibitors and the BTS Tech Night presentations.

Additional information and ticket order form is available at www.BeneaththeSea.org. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and of course I will keep an eye on this thread.

Jeff Heim
Beneath the Sea

Spratman:
Hey NJdiveTony,

Yeah, I'm working on Friday setting up for Tech Night. Saturday, I'm planning on getting around the show itself. My wife will be accompanying me, but not working the show this year.

Give me a call when you get there and we'll meet up.

You got it bud. I'll see you there!

EAC%20Upper.jpg

For the last two years we have brought our "Equipment Analysis Center" to BTS where
We offer free testing of you SCUBA Regulator for 1st Stage Intermediate Pressure setting and 2nd Stage cracking pressure. We also are able to check the accuracy of a depth gauge or dive computer. Many of you have taken advantage of this Free service and know it is not a gimmick, Yes its really free, no strings attached. BTS has been gracious enough to provide us with space in the convention center lobby so that we can offer it at the Expo. This year however we are try to gauge whether or not there is enough of a need by our fellow divers for this free service. I would appreciate some feed back in the next few days. This way we can make a decision to bring the Analyzer to BTS.
Thank you in Advance for your response,
Phil
localscuba@aol.com
Banner%25204%2520logo8x.jpg

New Jerseys Only DAN Training Center
www.1877scubausa.com
Note: The Equipment check and results are solely for assessment and informational purposes only and is no way a substitute for service performed by a certified technician. All SCUBA equipment should be serviced according to the manufacturers guidelines before use.

I'm just getting into diving and will be at this show to check out some of the gear. Do they sell gear here also, or is it more of an opportunity for the various vendors to showcase their products?

Also, thank you all for the wealth of info on this site. It has already proven invaluable.

Hi Rand and welcome to the board!

Yep, most of the vendors have stock with them to sell and sometimes you can get a pretty good deal. Be an educated consumer, if you know what you have in mind. Otherwise, everything is a must have! ;D

I'll be working the tech forum on Friday, but will be around on Saturday. If you want to meet up, just PM me your cell information. Also, if you are in PA or Jersey, check out our website link in my signature line.

Rand:
I'm just getting into diving and will be at this show to check out some of the gear. Do they sell gear here also, or is it more of an opportunity for the various vendors to showcase their products?

Also, thank you all for the wealth of info on this site. It has already proven invaluable.
I bought my drysuit there last year. I saved $400 which i thought was a huge savings. I also bought a new knife which was discounted for the show. I think I saved $20 on the knife.

Unfortunetly we will not have a booth this year at Beneath the Sea...saving it for DEMA. But however, Wally Schredl - Dive Zero's Marketer will be cruising the floor, chatting it up. So if you guys run into a man with a sweet Dive Zero Shirt, dont be shy, go say hello and ask for some free stuff. Issue #2 will be available by then...so you just never know.... :)

Last year I got a super deal from TDL for a LB and SMB! My dive instructors were very impressed with the quality and the ability to use it for a floatation device even with a set of doubles.

I'm currently in the market for a drysuit as well. Actually, I hadn't thought about that until S41G said something. Guess I'll wait and talk to the vendors directly.

Spratman:
Last year I got a super deal from TDL for a LB and SMB! My dive instructors were very impressed with the quality and the ability to use it for a floatation device even with a set of doubles.

I'm currently in the market for a drysuit as well. Actually, I hadn't thought about that until S41G said something. Guess I'll wait and talk to the vendors directly.
I bought mine through Scuba Connection. I'm pretty sure they have a booth this year. They did a great job with everything...they always do. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom