Beneath The Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a great time at the show, and got to talk to a lot of people! Every time I stopped by the SB booth someone talked to me! (maybe it was because I had my "Buoyant1" name tag that ScubaSam so nicely made for me! (thanks! and it was great seeing you again!) Heck Steve, I even got a hug from her! I got to talk to Pete a little out on the floor, but didn't see Howard.

Btw Steve, did you get one of those cool lights from Bigblue? great stuff!

My highlight! (well besides getting a hug from Sam) was at the Canon booth. I was just looking at the cameras, and the person manning the booth walked up and asked if I had any questions about anything...it was STEPHEN FRINK! Sweet! How cool is it to get camera opinons from one of the masters of underwater photography! Ya gotta love this show!
Ben, you are too kind. :hugs:

I'm jealous you got to meet and talk to Stephen Frink. Ya should have dragged me along with ya.

I did enjoy the show. I took my 8 yr old son. He got a kick out of the megledon shark teeth. Of course i had to buy him one. Stopped by the scubaboard booth met CJM and and two others.
I bought myself a new Halycon 400' wreck reel.

Who is that daniel boone guy. I noticed him last year also.

If you're talking about the guy with all the silver jewlery, cowboy boots, fur upon fur outfit, his name is George and I met him when DNY dove on the Jeannie II. He's part of their crew and does not wear any fur or jewelry when he's working.

Thanks for that Steve, that was the Big Blue 250w LED with the pouch and glove. It's one great light, and we have plenty more to share with our friends!

I bought the very same light from you folks! The manufacturer showed it to us and my wife said she had to have one so now we do. She also picked up a rash guard I think it was from you guys.

By the way, it was nice to meet your group. Great people and if I lived close by, you would definitely be my LDS of choice. And thanks for the pretzel!

Hey we were glad to have you visit us, and thank you for letting us serve you there!

And, keep in mind, we are only a little brown truck away from your door, and shipping is FREE, so whatever you need, other than an airfill, you can get from Beverly and our same fun bunch you met at BTS!

If you're talking about the guy with all the silver jewlery, cowboy boots, fur upon fur outfit, his name is George and I met him when DNY dove on the Jeannie II. He's part of their crew and does not wear any fur or jewelry when he's working.

What about the tights? The Davy Crockett I could handle, the spandex was just not nice.

I bought the very same light from you folks! The manufacturer showed it to us and my wife said she had to have one so now we do. She also picked up a rash guard I think it was from you guys.

By the way, it was nice to meet your group. Great people and if I lived close by, you would definitely be my LDS of choice. And thanks for the pretzel!

I don't live close to IVS and they are my LDS of choice. Great customer service and great prices!!

What about the tights? The Davy Crockett I could handle, the spandex was just not nice.

Didn't notice the spandex, I musta been too distracted with the fur and jewelry. You've got the situation awareness stuff down. :rofl3:

Ben, you are too kind. :hugs:

I'm jealous you got to meet and talk to Stephen Frink. Ya should have dragged me along with ya.

It was later in the day. I was making a last pass before I went over to Bernie Chowdhury's seminar, and hadn't gotten to the Canon booth yet (every time it was really packed) so I saw no one was there and BAM! I was surprised as anyone would have been!

Fur guy was pretty wild! I'm glad I didn't see him before I had the free beer the one vendor was giving out! (woohoo!)

IVS...I didn't see the Bigblue light on your site :idk: I also didn't get in your booth, it was pretty packed both times I went by (good for you guys:cool3:)

Yes it was a great show, lots of old friends to be seen and new friends to be made, I could go another day there, just so much positive energy and activity.

I'm sorry the Big Blue's are not posted yet on ScubaGearPlus, but we are still running our show specials, so let me know what you are interested in and we'll take good care of you.

Looking forward to next year, we have expanded our contract to add two additional booths, so IVS will have a slightly larger presence there!

Biggest disappointment... Nobody I talked to at the SB booth knew who JeffG was. One of them knew he had something to do with the cat. Dude you need to try harder.

Just bad timing - Saturday morning we'd have had lots to talk about :)

Looking forward to next year, we have expanded our contract to add two additional booths, so IVS will have a slightly larger presence there!

... like you weren't enough of a "presence" at this one ... with the 20' Diver Dave :D

Henrik

... like you weren't enough of a "presence" at this one ... with the [-]20'[/-] 30' Diver Dave :D

Henrik

Fixed that for ya, Henrik.

Back
Top Bottom