Beneath The Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He wasn't rude, just not at all interested in making conversation. You know how it is, you walk up to a booth, and either the person working the booth will come up to you and initiate conversation, or at least catch your eye when you're looking around the booth and at them...he didn't do any of the above so I figured why bother.

Maybe he was just hanging out and not working the booth, but if someone's behind the counter, you naturally figure they're representing the booth.

You should of said something Steve. Maybe you should of stuck around longer and came back, perhaps the alleged "unapproachable" guy would of engaged in conversation with you. Go shoot him a PM if it bothers you, you must know who it was by now.

You should of said something Steve. Maybe you should of stuck around longer and came back, perhaps the alleged "unapproachable" guy would of engaged in conversation with you. Go shoot him a PM if it bothers you, you must know who it was by now.

I have no idea who it was.

I really don't care all that much.

Nor do I agree that I "should of said something".

If there was interesting stuff going on, and some activity around the booth at the time I was there, I would have stuck around.

I had a great time at the show, and got to talk to a lot of people! Every time I stopped by the SB booth someone talked to me! (maybe it was because I had my "Buoyant1" name tag that ScubaSam so nicely made for me! (thanks! and it was great seeing you again!) Heck Steve, I even got a hug from her! I got to talk to Pete a little out on the floor, but didn't see Howard.

Btw Steve, did you get one of those cool lights from Bigblue? great stuff!

My highlight! (well besides getting a hug from Sam) was at the Canon booth. I was just looking at the cameras, and the person manning the booth walked up and asked if I had any questions about anything...it was STEPHEN FRINK! Sweet! How cool is it to get camera opinons from one of the masters of underwater photography! Ya gotta love this show!

Btw Steve, did you get one of those cool lights from Bigblue? great stuff!

I purchased a light...I forget the name of it, from Indian Valley Scuba. The thing was incredible..a large, bright circle, it's an LED that runs on 4 AAA batteries, and it's got two attachment options that come with it- a "glove" that slips over your own glove that holds the light, and a pocket with built in retractor. It's smaller, and much lighter than the SL6 that I use as my primary at the moment.

I'm looking forward to receiving it in time for my first scheduled wreck dive of the summer on Memorial Day Weekend off of the South Shore of LI.

Thanks for that Steve, that was the Big Blue 250w LED with the pouch and glove. It's one great light, and we have plenty more to share with our friends!

Jennifer Ryan-O Dwyer of Hampton Bays, NY was the winner of the free reel at Beneath the Sea

Thanks Steve for the purchase. It was nice to meet you.

I have some photos but I'm not sure how to make them fit, When I put them in they come out huge.

I purchased a light...I forget the name of it, from Indian Valley Scuba. The thing was incredible..a large, bright circle, it's an LED that runs on 4 AAA batteries, and it's got two attachment options that come with it- a "glove" that slips over your own glove that holds the light, and a pocket with built in retractor. It's smaller, and much lighter than the SL6 that I use as my primary at the moment.

I'm looking forward to receiving it in time for my first scheduled wreck dive of the summer on Memorial Day Weekend off of the South Shore of LI.

How did I miss ya? I was either in the IVS or SB booth all weekend long, well, mostly, anyway. I was wearing my SB tag :D

I did enjoy the show. I took my 8 yr old son. He got a kick out of the megledon shark teeth. Of course i had to buy him one. Stopped by the scubaboard booth met CJM and and two others.
I bought myself a new Halycon 400' wreck reel.

Who is that daniel boone guy. I noticed him last year also.

Thanks for that Steve, that was the Big Blue 250w LED with the pouch and glove. It's one great light, and we have plenty more to share with our friends!

I can't wait to try it out in May. Very impressive looking light with several great features.

Jennifer Ryan-O Dwyer of Hampton Bays, NY was the winner of the free reel at Beneath the Sea

Thanks Steve for the purchase. It was nice to meet you.

Same here Dennis. You were quite knowledgeable and helpful. Your booth was rocking. I think you guys had more stuff there than some smaller scuba shops keep in stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom