Beneath The Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooooops! Wasn't sure anyone noticed, we were trying to sneak that in!

Just bad timing - Saturday morning we'd have had lots to talk about :)

... like you weren't enough of a "presence" at this one ... with the 20' Diver Dave :D

Henrik

That was one heck of a pool toy! :rofl3:

Nice meeting you too as well Henrik!

Hey Sam, I forgot to tell you this one...Later on as I was getting ready to leave, I walked out of the hall and decided that I better hit the mens room before I contacted my wife to pick me up (she was shoppin'!) so I walked back into the hall, and as I passed the Scuba Radio booth, I saw Stan Waterman talking to one of the mermaids! Not as surreal as the scene I saw last year where one of the mermaids was sitting there eating an ice cream cone :shocked2: (that led to some weird dreams that night) but just something you don't see every day!

Can't wait until next year! I MAY attempt to be there all three days, I missed a bunch of seminars that would have been cool to see on Sunday.

We prefer to consider it a navigational aid for the pretzel-deprived!

Sorry it's so late but here are some photos of the show.

bts10a.jpg
bts10b.jpg

bts10c.jpg
bts10d.jpg

bts10e.jpg
bts10win.jpg

I went to BTS and again I had a great time. I got to meet some of the Scuba Board people, including Pete. Thanks again Pete for helping me reset my pass word. I was looking for products to bring into my small shop and had a lot of good prospects. I looked at rebreathers and wanted everyone I saw. What else can I say it was a good show.

I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing everything at BTS. I especially thank Dive NY for taking me in. You guys are great! And Pete...you should have stayed a few days in the city.

In Ecuador, we really just don't have a selection of gear, so it was amazing to be able to check out a number of things I had researched online...BCDs, masks, fins, hoods, pocket snorkels...everything. WHOO HOO! It helps a LOT in terms of what to buy both for myself and the boat. I bought one of the amazing Watershed dry duffle bags. The thing is as light as air and yet, I broke two nails trying to open the seal. Came in handy for stuffing my two 50 pound bags this morning, most of which was BTS/NYC shopping spree for those of us who live as deprived of choice as we do.

So did anyone else see the new 'sneaker' fins at Omersub? They make sense, but honestly, the now-discontinued Ice are the first piece of scuba gear I've ever wanted merely for the aesthetic.
And at the price of their fins, it's definitely either/or.

And maybe it always existed on BPWs, but I was thrilled by the shoulder strap trim weight packs on a new Zeagle BC.

All that and it was so cool to meet folks who have been a tremendous support, people I've learned from or laughed with and now, new buddies. Wonderful event and staying over in my old hometown is always great.

DiveTheGalapagos:
I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing everything at BTS. I especially thank Dive NY for taking me in. You guys are great!

Leslie-it was good meeting you too. Have you named the new boat yet?

I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing everything at BTS. I especially thank Dive NY for taking me in. You guys are great! And Pete...you should have stayed a few days in the city.

In Ecuador, we really just don't have a selection of gear, so it was amazing to be able to check out a number of things I had researched online...BCDs, masks, fins, hoods, pocket snorkels...everything. WHOO HOO! It helps a LOT in terms of what to buy both for myself and the boat. I bought one of the amazing Watershed dry duffle bags. The thing is as light as air and yet, I broke two nails trying to open the seal. Came in handy for stuffing my two 50 pound bags this morning, most of which was BTS/NYC shopping spree for those of us who live as deprived of choice as we do.

So did anyone else see the new 'sneaker' fins at Omersub? They make sense, but honestly, the now-discontinued Ice are the first piece of scuba gear I've ever wanted merely for the aesthetic.
And at the price of their fins, it's definitely either/or.

And maybe it always existed on BPWs, but I was thrilled by the shoulder strap trim weight packs on a new Zeagle BC.

All that and it was so cool to meet folks who have been a tremendous support, people I've learned from or laughed with and now, new buddies. Wonderful event and staying over in my old hometown is always great.

Leslie - Was great meeting you and having you join us for dinner Saturday night. Let us know when you're back in your old hometown again!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom